Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #631
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you to everybody concerned for helping testing and also for encouragement. I did not mean to complain about little interest in KSM 08. Being not a user of the calbre plugin, I was myself content with version 07. I have uploaded KSM 08. Let us bury 07.

Last edited by tshering; 10-27-2015 at 07:15 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #632
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you to everybody concerned for helping testing and also for encouragement. I did not mean to complain about little interest in KSM 08. Being not a user of the calbre plugin, I was myself content with version 07. I have uploaded KSM 08. Let us bury 07.
I will be sure and keep my copy of KSM 07, in case I end up liking it better, for some reason.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #633
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Is there any tool for Kobo Glo to see hardware or sd-cart performanse on KSM 7?
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #634
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeles84 View Post
Is there any tool for Kobo Glo to see hardware or sd-cart performanse on KSM 7?
What performance measures would you like to see? Do you mean such as CPU percentage or memory used?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #635
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
What performance measures would you like to see? Do you mean such as CPU percentage or memory used?

Luck;
Ken
Yes, CPU-memory usage. May be write-read performance of sd-card.
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #636
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeles84 View Post
Yes, CPU-memory usage. May be write-read performance of sd-card.
KSM itself does not provide tools for this. But you could look what is provided by busybox. You could for instance call top via telnet
Old 10-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #637
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Being not a user of the calbre plugin, I was myself content with version 07. I have uploaded KSM 08. Let us bury 07.
I also don't use calibre (or nickel, except for clock, is there a way to adjust clock with KSM?), but for some reason having KSM 8 gives a peace of mind.

So, thank you for this great software.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #638
bighead
bighead began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
If I want to remove Koreader and KSM..
How to remove it ?

I see KSM remove step, but I can't find Koreader remove steps!

Quote:
In order to prevent KSM from being wiped off when you sign out from your Kobo account, the recent version is located in the folder .adds (previous versions were located in .kobo).

If you like you can also change the position of koreader and vlasovsoft (Kobo Launcher, including Cool Reader).

Koreader:
When installing Koreader, copy the folder koreader into .adds instead of .kobo. If Koreader is already installed, move the folder koreader from .kobo to .adds.

Kobo Launcher, Cool Reader:
Move the folder vlasovsoft from .kobo to .adds.
For pbchess-2015-05 cf. this post.

If you want to be able to start the Kobo Launcher from within nickel via fmon (which I do not recommend), you would have to modify the script .kobo\fmon\launcher.sh to account for the new location of the vlasovsoft folder. (If you move the folder fmon, and the script on_start.sh too to .adds, you will have to modify also the scripts on_start.sh, and etc\init.d\on-animator.sh.)
Spoiler:
If you do not care for fmon, wave the original install instructions for Kobo Launcher, and simply copy the folder vlasovsoft (which you can find inside of KoboRoot.tgz of pbchess-XXX_kobo.zip) to .adds. (Older models of Kobo Touch might however need g_ether.ko from the ppchess package in order to get usbnet working.)
bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:09 AM   #639
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
If you followed the steps for install koreader with KSM you only need to delete the koreader folder. No futher action's required
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #640
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
To delete

Last edited by The_Immortal; 12-15-2015 at 11:01 AM.
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #641
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
In order to install the night mode hack and the screensaver hack just follow the usual procedure (copy the KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo). Both packages contain install routines that are superfluous when used with KSM, but that must not bother you.
I installed KSM8, but now the Brightness controlled nightmode function from the "kobo-nightmode_build13H2O" patch doesn't work any more. I reinstalled it again according to the installation instructions. In order to start Nickel I had to handle the update through KSM8 update handling routines, and I tried them both without success.

[brightness]
1percentPatch = yes
timeout = 1
100 = toggleNightMode

Any suggestions on how to solve it? Or must I remove KSM8 to get it to work again?

Last edited by marp68; 09-03-2016 at 04:55 AM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #642
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
In order to install the night mode hack and the screensaver hack just follow the usual procedure (copy the KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo). Both packages contain install routines that are superfluous when used with KSM, but that must not bother you.
The referred version of the screen saver seems not to work under FW 3.13.1. (Edit: for FW 3.15.0 and newer use the screen saver version you can findhere.)

Since update 2 (of KSM 07), there is a configuration manu available.
In order to enable the screensaver hack select in (KSM home) "configure", in the section [nickel]:
nickelpreload="/opt/cfw/preload/hook.so"
to enable night mode:
nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"
to enable both:
nickelpreload="/opt/cfw/preload/hook.so /root/screenInv.so"
I installed KSM8 and then the Brightness controlled nightmode function from the "kobo-nightmode_build13H2O" patch stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no success.

After doing a factory reset and first reinstalling the nighmode patch (build13H20) the nightmode worked again.

But, when I reinstalled KSM8, the nightmode stopped working again. Even tried again with uninstalling the nightmode patch with the uninstall .tgz file and then reinstalled it, but with no success.

Seems that KSM8 stops nightmode to work. If anyone comes up with a working solution, please let me know.

Did I miss something according to the quoted post? Should I have:
to enable night mode: nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"

I wanted KSM8 to easy install adds and switch to KOreader, Coolreader etc, so what's your recommendations? I would like KOreader to better read pdf. And the games in Coolreader seems great to have, but is not important.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #643
vetalkiev
vetalkiev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Good afternoon. Please tell me what KSM? What is the function there? When you update the firmware on the Kobo Glo KSM flies? How to cancel the firmware upgrade Kobo Glo?
vetalkiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #644
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetalkiev View Post
Good afternoon. Please tell me what KSM? What is the function there? When you update the firmware on the Kobo Glo KSM flies? How to cancel the firmware upgrade Kobo Glo?
Please see the first post of this thread.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #645
tshering
Wizard

Please be aware that KSM 07 has been replaced by KSM 08. Please do not post here unless you need help with an already installed version of KSM 07.

Last edited by tshering; 03-02-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Tags
koreader/nickel, ksm 07