Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for the book to read for September.
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson 19 45.24%
A Thousand Miles Up the Nile by Amelia Edwards 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #31
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Well I'm delighted that it won, and it will be interesting to compare the original with the fiction version we read a couple of months ago.

The illustrations are fascinating, aren't they.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #32
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I too am glad it won. The Bryson is great, but already read, and the Nile is not something I might otherwise have chosen. Thanks to HarryT for providing the version I now have on my kindle.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #33
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I too am glad it won. The Bryson is great, but already read, and the Nile is not something I might otherwise have chosen. Thanks to HarryT for providing the version I now have on my kindle.
I agree. I appreciate the work Harry put into it. Thank you very much!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I appreciate the work Harry put into it. Thank you very much!
+1 to this!! Even though I won't be reading it I was impressed by how well this free ebook was put together!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
...Thanks to HarryT for providing the version I now have on my kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I agree. I appreciate the work Harry put into it. Thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
+1 to this!! Even though I won't be reading it I was impressed by how well this free ebook was put together!
I knew with Harry having formatted it there was no reason to search any further for a quality copy. Harry does good work.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote