Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Color?

My E reader 505 is being picked up today!! But here is the next question..... What color should I get.

I was thinking the black or blue would be best... looks more like a book. I also like the red but I don't know if it will be to distracting. Then there is the sliver, classic and kind of plane.

What colors do you have and how do you like it?

Also, how does the colors hold up? Does the color fade or rub off after a lot of use?

Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I have the Sony 505 in RED.
I must say it is quite beautiful. ; >

I just received it today so I can't give an opinion
on how the color holds.

One thing to think about.. are you going to read
it bare or with a cover on it?
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Blue is best color. Anyone who owns the red or silver deep down wish they owned the blue

The only time I would think rub off would occur is if something was rubbing against the metal while you were reading (like rings or similiar jewelry).

BTW, black is not an available color.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
I have the Sony 505 in RED.
I must say it is quite beautiful. ; >

I just received it today so I can't give an opinion
on how the color holds.

One thing to think about.. are you going to read
it bare or with a cover on it?

I will get a cover.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Blue is best color. Anyone who owns the red or silver deep down wish they owned the blue

The only time I would think rub off would occur is if something was rubbing against the metal while you were reading (like rings or similiar jewelry).

BTW, black is not an available color.
I thought I saw black some where, guess not.

It all comes down to what Frys has..... I should know soooooooon!!!
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have Blue, but the Red is also beautiful.

They come with covers so don't buy one
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got mine online from Frys. : )
Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have a silver one. It was the only color available to me at the time I purchased it. But, I do like it and think I'd probably pick silver if I had to buy it today.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I had a silver one, and I got a red one for my birthday in December. I have to say I like the red one beter. The contrast between the screen and the metal body is greater with the red one. It's obvious where the page ends with the red, so it doesn't seem so much like you have big empty margins around the text. I think that would be true of the blue one, too.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Worm View Post
It all comes down to what Frys has..... I should know soooooooon!!!
The Fry's near me has all 3 colors in stock when I was there last month.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #11
Book Worm
Enthusiast

I am now the proud owner of a BLUE Sony E Reader 505!!!!

*giggles like a school girl*

I can't wait to play with it!! It should be in my hot little hands by the end of this weekend!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:

I can't wait to play with it!! It should be in my hot little hands by the end of this weekend!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Oh and if you want a cute cover to go over it click here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...type=tag_title
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

I think you're going to LOVE it!! : )
Enjoy!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:

Enjoy. Be sure you let us know how you like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #15
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com
Argent009 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-501/Kindle 2
Forget the color, just go here and skin it.

http://www.mytego.com/Tegobuilder/Se...?DeviceId=1750
Argent009 is offline   Reply With Quote