Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
KOBO Aura can no longer connect to the internet

Hi I have a KOBO Aura, 4 weeks old. It was working fine up to lunchtime today. All of a sudden it would no longer connect to the KOBO Storefront. Since then i've been through KOBO Chat and reset the device, done a full factory reset and it will not connect to my wifi at all.

Before I take it back to WHSmith tomorrow does anyone have any idea why the wifi would no longer work?

It finds my network, just won't connect, and I've checked that i'm putting the password in correctly and I am. I'm completely baffled and have no idea what to do.

Last edited by Josieb1; 12-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I was going to suggest that you turn the device off and back on again. I have connection issues with my Aura HD that started after a firmware update. But, if I turn the device off and back on again, it will work for that particular time. I can then sync and connect with the storefront. But if you are resetting your device, I guess that particular fix is not working for you.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I assume you've tried resetting (unplugging, waiting ten seconds, plugging back in -- or dedicated reset switch, if your router has one) your Wi-Fi router. I sometimes have trouble with my iPhone 4 connecting EVEN WHEN other devices (including my various Kobos) are connecting just fine; a reset solves the problem.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I assume you've tried resetting (unplugging, waiting ten seconds, plugging back in -- or dedicated reset switch, if your router has one) your Wi-Fi router. I sometimes have trouble with my iPhone 4 connecting EVEN WHEN other devices (including my various Kobos) are connecting just fine; a reset solves the problem.
Actually at the time I posted this thread I hadn't as my pc, iPad and iPhone we're all connected happily, but my husband recently got home and his pc wouldn't connect, then my ipad wifi disconnected, so we turned the router off, left it 10 minutes and turned it one again.

Now everything is working fine and my Kobo has registered and sync'd via wifi, all is well again but I do wonder why it happened, why some devices are much more sensitive that other.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote