Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
ophelia
ophelia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Calibre won't connect to Kobo Aura HD

I'm hoping someone can help me. I updated to the latest version of calibre and when I tried connecting my Kobo I received this message:

Error communicating with device:

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 480, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1749, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, that means there is a problem with the database on the device. This will cause problems when using the device. The problems you can see include continual loss of reading position, books being lost from the library or re-added each time you disconnect from the PC. Powering off and on will usually make this more noticeable.

Unless you have a recent backup, the only thing you can do is get the device to rebuild the database. There are two ways to do this.

Firstly, you can try logging oiut on the device. This will restart the device taking you through the basic setup and a new database will be created as part of this. You will lose the reading status of al the sideloaded books, but they will be added to the library.

If that doesn't work, you need to do a factory reset. This will take the device back to the factory install firmware and take you through the complete setup. It also reformats the user accessible partition on the device and you lose all sideloaded books.

In both cases, any books purchased from Kobo will be synced to the device along with the last status that was synced to the Kobo server.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
malformed database