Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
iharley
iharley began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Overall slowness

I've been loving Calibre, and it's often updates that steadily improve it. I've noticed, though, with the last couple updates that the interface has been very sluggish. Selecting multiple books is slow enough to make me wonder if I even selected books. I'm running 0.7.7 on Mac OSX 10.6.4 with 4 gigs of RAM, indexing some 400 titles. Is there some database cleaning/maintenance I should do?
iharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->interface and change the layout to wide or wait for the next release, or install the fixed build at:

http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/b...ibre-0.7.7.dmg
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
iharley
iharley began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks, I went for the wide layout and that fixed it.
iharley is offline   Reply With Quote