Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
skoobwoman
Enthusiast
skoobwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2/Kindle DX/Astak Reader Pocket Pro/iPod Touch
Broken cover--no response from Astak

I was hoping one of the Astak employees on here would help me out. I've had my 5" PocketPro for two weeks now. The reader started falling out of the cover last week. Then, one of the plastic pieces that holds the cover on broke off--it must have been getting loose. I emailed the company on the website and haven't gotten any response. I've been carrying it around in a plastic pocket that came with headphones but I'd really feel safer with the case. Thanks.
skoobwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
skoobwoman
Enthusiast

Update--I heard back from them and now wish I hadn't. THey told me that "if it bothered me," I could buy a new case for $15! I've had it for two weeks and they want me to pay to replace a defective case!
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
First heard... resolving issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobwoman View Post
Update--I heard back from them and now wish I hadn't. THey told me that "if it bothered me," I could buy a new case for $15! I've had it for two weeks and they want me to pay to replace a defective case!
Dear skoobwoman:

I work for Astak

This is the first I have seen of this. Our customer service people should have just contacted you again to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Please excuse that they are trained to listen to what happened and then react. We have never had a clip break. I took my case and threw it onto the floor hard several times without any problem. Those clips are built to last forever from what we can tell. So, this caught us by total surprise.

However, we do appreciate your honesty; and I believe all is now taken care of.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
skoobwoman
Enthusiast

Robert-Thanks for the reply. I heard back from them--after I explained that I had only had the device for 2 weeks, they told me they'd send me a new cover. I think that they didn't understand my first email. Thanks for the follow up though. Lauren
Old 11-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
We are sorry for the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobwoman View Post
Robert-Thanks for the reply. I heard back from them--after I explained that I had only had the device for 2 weeks, they told me they'd send me a new cover. I think that they didn't understand my first email. Thanks for the follow up though. Lauren
Dear Lauren:

After your post we decided that I needed to go over good Customer Service with our newer tech people. They are much smarter than I and really know the technical side... but they are not yet used to talking with people and they needed to be taught to listen better and talk more upbeat and positive. I want them to reflect an image of trying to help and not one of trying to find a reason to say "no".

It is wonderful to have the smart young minds... but technical people sometimes do not express enough compassion also.

Thank you, Lauren!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
You've never had a problem with the clips? Mine was broken on arrival. That was reported to customer service when I wrote them about the battery life problem (two weeks before the firmware upgrade). Fortunately, I already had a CaseLogic for the PRS 300 (long story), so it doesn't bother me too much.

Customer service never responded at all about the broken cover and never sent a follow up email that the new flash fixed the battery problem. The last official word I received on that issue was that I should turn it all the way off if I wanted to preserve the battery. I guess it's a good thing I read the forums.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Lauren:

After your post we decided that I needed to go over good Customer Service with our newer tech people. They are much smarter than I and really know the technical side... but they are not yet used to talking with people and they needed to be taught to listen better and talk more upbeat and positive. I want them to reflect an image of trying to help and not one of trying to find a reason to say "no".

It is wonderful to have the smart young minds... but technical people sometimes do not express enough compassion also.

Thank you, Lauren!!
I remember someone posting a picture of a Broken/Detached Left clip.
Could it be, that SPAM filters are grabbing e-mail to support?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I remember someone posting a picture of a Broken/Detached Left clip.
Could it be, that SPAM filters are grabbing e-mail to support?
A definite pattern is emerging. I still have no response from them either.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
You've never had a problem with the clips? Mine was broken on arrival. That was reported to customer service when I wrote them about the battery life problem (two weeks before the firmware upgrade). Fortunately, I already had a CaseLogic for the PRS 300 (long story), so it doesn't bother me too much.

Customer service never responded at all about the broken cover and never sent a follow up email that the new flash fixed the battery problem. The last official word I received on that issue was that I should turn it all the way off if I wanted to preserve the battery. I guess it's a good thing I read the forums.
Me too. I knew about the possibility of breaking a clip on my cover before mine even arrived. As a result I have been careful with it.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Me too. I knew about the possibility of breaking a clip on my cover before mine even arrived. As a result I have been careful with it.
IMHO The issue is not that the clip can be broken, but email to "support" does not get answered (in any manner).

This is one of those times, that a Web based "support" request form, might be better option than e-mail, which can get lost as SPAM.

As various support issues are identified, the various Context sensitive pull down menus can be populated as needed.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO The issue is not that the clip can be broken, but email to "support" does not get answered (in any manner).

This is one of those times, that a Web based "support" request form, might be better option than e-mail, which can get lost as SPAM.

As various support issues are identified, the various Context sensitive pull down menus can be populated as needed.
It is very unlikely that a single email to a single support address would trigger any normal SPAM filters.