Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #631
JamesInsights
JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi guys I was wondering if this would work on my Kindle Touch. It's already jailbroken but updated to 5.3.2 If I require it to be downgraded I will, I still have the Kubrick Live CD. I was just wondering if there was a way to have KUAL and all the Jailbreak Mods while having 5.3.2. Thanks!
JamesInsights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #632
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInsights View Post
Hi guys I was wondering if this would work on my Kindle Touch. It's already jailbroken but updated to 5.3.2 If I require it to be downgraded I will, I still have the Kubrick Live CD. I was just wondering if there was a way to have KUAL and all the Jailbreak Mods while having 5.3.2. Thanks!
Your answer is in the first post of this thread.
You may have to open some of the spoilers and read them to find it.

Short answer: KUAL (the launcher itself) runs on all models of e-ink Kindles except for the original (K1) model.

Each of the KUAL button packages have details of what devices they run on, and if there are firmware version dependences.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #633
JamesInsights
JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JamesInsights knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your answer is in the first post of this thread.
You may have to open some of the spoilers and read them to find it.

Short answer: KUAL (the launcher itself) runs on all models of e-ink Kindles except for the original (K1) model.

Each of the KUAL button packages have details of what devices they run on, and if there are firmware version dependences.
Thanks for the reply! I thought the kindle touch was Kindle 4, but it just says kindle 4 on the front page. It doesn't state what firmware. Since most of the mods don't work on kindle touch 5.3.2 i was wondering if this would work

EDIT: I'm so sorry, I realised Kindle touch is the K5. It does say - 5.3.1 though but I am on 5.3.2. Does it still work? Thanks

Last edited by JamesInsights; 04-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.
JamesInsights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #634
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
All models, all revisions.

Except the k1, AFAIK, who knows might have even run on that, but I don't have museum access to find out :P
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #635
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Jimmy-Jim

Sorry for my English.
The fonts are OK because I did the Font Hack in my Touch and everything was OK.
The 3 folders of font were there before I apply de FontConfig because before I put the file USE_ALT_FONTS and the extra fonts only permit 3 new in the menu of AA because the extra fonts are a lot.
Maybe I have to restart the Kindle. I am going to do it
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #636
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay,

The officially awesome KUAL 2 is on the brink of ascension.

Boasting a ridiculous amount of behind the scenes work and a changelog that NASA would be proud of...

Why don't I shut up and just do some screenies...
There are still a few bugs to iron out so don't get all over excited (like me) but it so close I can taste it.

Last edited by twobob; 04-02-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #637
twobob

Kindle 4.

Showing multi tier menu selection: and save from suicide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31391.gif
Views:	207
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	103805   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31392.gif
Views:	172
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	103806   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31394.gif
Views:	187
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	103807   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31395.gif
Views:	187
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	103808   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31397.gif
Views:	196
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	103809  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #638
twobob

K3...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_335.png
Views:	163
ID:	103810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_336.png
Views:	627
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	103811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_338.png
Views:	181
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	103812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_339.png
Views:	519
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	103813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_340.png
Views:	189
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	103814  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #639
twobob

K5...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_341.png
Views:	225
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	103815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_342.png
Views:	208
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	103816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_359.png
Views:	242
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	103817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_343.png
Views:	200
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	103818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_360.png
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	103819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_344.png
Views:	195
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	103820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_350.png
Views:	201
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	103821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_351.png
Views:	184
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	103822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_353.png
Views:	205
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	103823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_354.png
Views:	203
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	103824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_356.png
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	103825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_357.png
Views:	200
ID:	103826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_345.png
Views:	195
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	103827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_346.png
Views:	209
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	103828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_361.png
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	103829  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #640
twobob

I think we can agree.. the odd niggle aside that this is a truly awesome step forward and finally meets those many requests of multi tier menuing.

The underlying changes are just as numerous and impressive as the items in list 0:0

Watch out for the next revision in the near future!

Testing continues...

Last edited by twobob; 04-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #641
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Jimmy-Jim

I put new 8 fonts folders and restart and all is OK.

Thank you very much
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #642
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
twobob, thanks for the screenies! This is the first time that I can see what the code I'm developing looks like when it runs on a K3/K4!
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #643
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
Jimmy-Jim

Thank you very much
Excellent. It was the font cache thingy then. Nice one.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #644
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
twobob, thanks for the screenies! This is the first time that I can see what the code I'm developing looks like when it runs on a K3/K4!
Not for long my friend... Not for long
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #645
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
Jimmy-Jim

Thank you very much
Great! You're welcome.

Very nice work, twobob. Can't wait to try it out.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified