Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
barsoforion
barsoforion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Mobi Conversion Questions

I have two questions about converting to mobi with calibre.

The first one is that, when converting from html, sometimes my books have kindle page numbers and sometimes they don't. This is even true with books converted on the same day, and I don't believe I changed any settings (at least, not intentionally). Is there any reason this would happen? Could it be linked to file size or length?

The second question is: is it possible to insert the file name at the start of the chapter created when converting html to mobi? For example, if I have three files titled "Article 1 Page 1 - Author" "Article 1 Page 2 - Author" and "Article 2 Page 1 - Author", is there a way to insert this at the start of the chapter created when I convert? (I sometimes have articles that convert such that there are multiple screens of headers before the actual title and author information. It would be handy to be able to see those at the start of each rather than having to page to find it on my Kindle.)

Thanks!
barsoforion is offline   Reply With Quote