Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Liza59
Liza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: ereader
Kindle Fire 1st gen Cyber Monday sale $129 at Amazon

Today only new Kindle Fire (1st generation) $30 off for today only. $129 sale price.

Enter FIREDEAL at checkout.
Liza59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza59 View Post
Today only new Kindle Fire (1st generation) $30 off for today only. $129 sale price.

Enter FIREDEAL at checkout.
It's the 2nd gen model with the improved specs. The 1st gen is no longer available.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Kindle Fire 2 arrived today and so did my Gumdrop case. For the price ($129 + $10), it'll make a great stay-at-home cloud media player. The 5.5GB of available storage won't be a problem, because it'll always be connected to the net. So whenever I need anything, I'll just pluck it out of the cloud.

The case is Gumdrop's very rugged Drop Tech Series. It's thick silicone with an integrated screen shield. I got it from Best Buy for $10. Gumdrop is currently selling them for $25 (down from $50). I plan to get this case for my Nexus 7. Unfortunately, that one will set me back $50. It's well worth it though, because I plan to use the Nexus 7 outdoors and this case will provide excellent protection.

Even though the Nexus 7 will be my primary tablet, I'm very glad I got the Fire. It's a quality cloud-based media device and the price was right.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Excellent price on the Gum Drop. The thing I don't like about those types of cases is the added bulk and the lack of screen protecton. I had my kids' Nook Color in it for awhile, but took it out and never put it back in. I prefer to have something I can close over the screen, even at home. Lots of little monkeys in the house.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Excellent price on the Gum Drop. The thing I don't like about those types of cases is the added bulk and the lack of screen protecton. I had my kids' Nook Color in it for awhile, but took it out and never put it back in. I prefer to have something I can close over the screen, even at home. Lots of little monkeys in the house.
Agreed. I'm still on the lookout on what case to get for my Kindle Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Check out this Active Case w/ Cover from Seidio ($45). Unlike the Gumdrop, it doesn't have any type of display protection. There's no hard lip surrounding the display, like there is with the Gumdrop. But it does have an optional snap-on hard cover and the Gumdrop doesn't; though I wish it did.

I don't like the book cover style cases for tablets. They're great for ereaders, though. For tablets, I prefer a bulky, rugged case.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-29-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Blossom, didn't you have a Marware Eco-vue for your Fire? What happened to it? I just two of them, and I love them!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Blossom, didn't you have a Marware Eco-vue for your Fire? What happened to it? I just two of them, and I love them!
No I have cheap case from crazyondigital on my Fire that is falling apart. I have Eco-Flip case for my K4B but no Eco-vue I plan to get a case with 30% off voucher but not sure what case to get.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No I have cheap case from crazyondigital on my Fire that is falling apart. I have Eco-Flip case for my K4B but no Eco-vue I plan to get a case with 30% off voucher but not sure what case to get.
Well I recommend the Eco-vue for the Fire (1st and 2nd gen). I like how I can secure the back to the front with the band, and then put my fingers into the hand strap. It is much easier to hold than using a case without a hand strap, and the band keeps it from getting off center (I like my case to line up square at the corners-obsessively so). I used the 30% off to get one. Now I have a brown one, and put the pink one on the Fire my girls are getting for Christmas.

I have to see if it will fit the Lenovo I got for them....haven't even opened that box, yet.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Well I recommend the Eco-vue for the Fire (1st and 2nd gen). I like how I can secure the back to the front with the band, and then put my fingers into the hand strap. It is much easier to hold than using a case without a hand strap, and the band keeps it from getting off center (I like my case to line up square at the corners-obsessively so). I used the 30% off to get one. Now I have a brown one, and put the pink one on the Fire my girls are getting for Christmas.

I have to see if it will fit the Lenovo I got for them....haven't even opened that box, yet.
Has your hand strap wore out like mine has on my Eco-Flip? Mine is stretched. I want a lightweight case too. the one I have now add no bulk or weight to the tablet but it's so soft now it's old it gives no protection.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

The hand strap has not stretched at all, but it's only a couple of weeks old.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The hand strap has not stretched at all, but it's only a couple of weeks old.
I wound up going with Belkin Verve Folio Stand. It's really light weight and I need to break it in. It's very rigid.
It has a thick strap that can be use as hand strap when you use it to secure the front flap to the back flap for one hand reading. I got it for $16. (Reg $35)

After owning a Marware case I just couldn't bring my self to buy one again. I love design but the dye they use is known to come off and I read two reviews that said they had it damage the screen due to that. I know my K4S back is stained from dye rubbing off so didn't want to take the chance. So we will see how this Belkin case works out. Right now I just need it to lay close. This may take a while as the leather learns its shape.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Hadn't heard that about Marware cases. How common is it for the dye to stain the screen?
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
Hadn't heard that about Marware cases. How common is it for the dye to stain the screen?
I don't think it's common but it can happen. I didn't want to take chances after my experience with the Eco-Flip case. No screen damage that I can tell but the back of my K4S is stained permanently.