Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Philippe Lemay
Apple Hater
Philippe Lemay began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPod Touch
Can't remember how to use caliber...

It's probably a silly question, but I haven't used caliber in almost a month (my computer died suddenly and it took me forever to save up enough money to get a new one) and... yea. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Usually I do some combination of "open iTunes", "open caliber", and "plug in my iPad", and an icon of my iPad is supposed to appear inside caliber from where I can click "Sync to Device". But... my iPad isn't appearing.

I can still put eBooks into iTunes manually, so I am able to read my eBooks. But... there was a point of using caliber when I downloaded it, lol. Anyone who can help me shake this nooblishness off, I would be very appreciative.
Philippe Lemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Calibre + iPad: Start here
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you use the "connect/share" button and select Conndct to iTunes, then the Send to Device button will appear to allow you to ge books into iTunes. You do not have to have the iPad plugged in at the time, although the books to not finally get sent to the iPad until it is plugged in and synced.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Philippe Lemay
Apple Hater
Philippe Lemay began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPod Touch
It's showing an iTunes icon instead of an iPad, but regardless... it seems to be working to my satisfaction. Thank you.
Philippe Lemay is offline   Reply With Quote