Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stuck at loading

My Sony PRS-505 is stuck at loading. The battery is fully charged. I tried to reset it by pressing the button on the back but nothing happened. I read that one way to fix this is to delete all the files, but when I plug it into my computer, I cannot access my files. What can I do?
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
enarchay
Zealot

Ah, I tried resetting it again and it worked. When I turn it back on, it's still loading. I'm going to wait a little while and see if it works.

EDIT

It doesn't appear to be loading even after the reset. It just stays suck at loading.

EDIT

I deleted all the files and I'm reformatting it. I'm pretty sure this will work.

EDIT

I added my backup of files back to the reader and now it's stuck at loading again. I'll try resetting, reformatting, and adding the files in smaller groups this time.

Last edited by enarchay; 05-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
How many books have you been loading on? If there are a lot of books, it can take awhile. Are you using the ebook library to put them on?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
How many books have you been loading on? If there are a lot of books, it can take awhile. Are you using the ebook library to put them on?
I haven't been using the library. Am I suppose to?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

No, definitely not, I don't use it either, I prefer Calibre.

Hmm, what format are your books in? PDFs can take a very long time to load.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
No, definitely not, I don't use it either, I prefer Calibre.

Hmm, what format are your books in? PDFs can take a very long time to load.
I got it to work and I think I know the problem. Every time it gets stuck at loading is when I try to turn it on with one book loaded. The book is RTF and about 9 MB. I'm not sure why it is freezing it because I have enough space. What do you think?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #7
Curly
I need a holiday!

I'm not sure why it is happening, but I'm glad to hear you got the rest loaded.

Sometimes a file is corrupt. I had a PDF that froze my 505 every time I tried to load it. I finally deleted the file from my computer and downloaded it again from the bookstore and the new file loaded with no problem.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Quote:
I'm not sure why it is happening, but I'm glad to hear you got the rest loaded.

Sometimes a file is corrupt. I had a PDF that froze my 505 every time I tried to load it. I finally deleted the file from my computer and downloaded it again from the bookstore and the new file loaded with no problem.
It may be this reason. Try to download it again from the site and the file you have gotten might be corrupt.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote