Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
April in Paris!

EDIT : April 18Th it is!
Same place (11th arrondissement), Italian food, Apéro + dinner, you tell us...
LA TROTTINETTE
sicilian bar / restaurant
23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11ème
Métro Goncourt (ligne 11)
or possibly Parmentier (ligne 3) or République (lignes 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

[this time we'll have a twitter thread, promise]...
SO as of today the official list of attendees goes this way
Patricia
Zelda
YGG + (maybe) his better half...
Nammalvar
FlorenceArt
Randy11
Polyglot27 + his better half...
Clément de ActuaLitté, Apéro
Nicolas Gary, Apéro.
Karine Papillaud apéro+dîner?!!!
xiaobao
Hey! Not bad, hm? Now it's not too late! Do come if you feel like it.

Last edited by YGG-; 04-18-2009 at 05:23 AM.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
april in paris... somebody will have to be sure to bring that song on their mp3 player for the evening.

APR19 |X| APR25 |X| either date is fine with me
Apéro |_| Dinner |_| Apéro+dinner |X|
Near République |X|
i vote to return to chez Mauro, we know we are welcome and we will be well received, the food is good, it's not too expensive, there is wifi... (and it's not far from my house, too ! )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*sigh* I spent 10 days in Paris in April long ago.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
*sigh* I spent 10 days in Paris in April long ago.
"Chestnuts in blossom
holiday tables
under the trees..." (edit for me it's lady day or Sarah Vaughn w/ Clifford Brown; you tell me)
You can be "with us" this time (& you're -what- 6 hours earlier than us?), we'll have both a chat here & a twitter thread...

Last edited by YGG-; 03-01-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo/ add a line
Old 03-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
YGG-
Dry fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
april in paris... somebody will have to be sure to bring that song on their mp3 player for the evening.
By whom? I have 6 or 7 of them versions...
Old 03-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
By whom? I have 6 or 7 of them versions...
bring ALL of them !! (especially sarah vaughan and lady day !!)
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
"Chestnuts in blossom
holiday tables
under the trees..." (edit for me it's lady day or Sarah Vaughn w/ Clifford Brown; you tell me)
You can be "with us" this time (& you're -what- 6 hours earlier than us?), we'll have both a chat here & a twitter thread...
Yeah, but can I get a ham and swiss cheese crepe from the street vendor? Take the Louvre Underground exit when the rain chases me in from the out of doors ramblings?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
...and the original, and the punk rock cover.

Cheers,
Marc (~sigh~ so far from Paris)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, Paris is just too far away for me...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
YGG-
Dry fruit

Quote:
Okey-dokey; I'll have my faithful iPod like last time ;-)
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
April weekends are already full, so it won't be possible for me.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 AM   #12
YGG-
Dry fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Too bad!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Yeah, but can I get a ham and swiss cheese crepe from the street vendor? Take the Louvre Underground exit when the rain chases me in from the out of doors ramblings?
well, the crêpe is not really a problem, but our meetup is actually not too close to the Louvre, so i recommend you take the Goncourt or République underground exit... (and i hope we ALL avoid the rain ! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...and the original, and the punk rock cover.

Cheers,
Marc (~sigh~ so far from Paris)
we wish you could be there. we'll drink a toast in your honor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, Paris is just too far away for me...
...and a toast in your honor too !
Quote:
Okey-dokey; I'll have my faithful iPod like last time ;-)
yay ! thanks ! that's perfect.
Quote:
you know, you guys are like pillars of the meetup ! i don't think you are allowed to miss any. did you check your contract ? in the fine print ?? i think you have to be there... after all, what could POSSIBLY be more important ????
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
you know, you guys are like pillars of the meetup ! i don't think you are allowed to miss any. did you check your contract ? in the fine print ?? i think you have to be there... after all, what could POSSIBLY be more important ????
I just signed a new one (for a new job), checked all the pages, recto, verso, the fine print, all that I could, no sign of such a clause.
I'm off to check all the laws pertaining to this, and maybe also see if I can see something in the MR Wiki

As to what could be more important, we have invited over some 20 to 30 people to spend the weekend gaming, I don't want to ruin the party by not being there
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I just signed a new one (for a new job), checked all the pages, recto, verso, the fine print, all that I could, no sign of such a clause.
I'm off to check all the laws pertaining to this, and maybe also see if I can see something in the MR Wiki

As to what could be more important, we have invited over some 20 to 30 people to spend the weekend gaming, I don't want to ruin the party by not being there
yes, you go and check all those, i am sure there is a clause somewhere which says you must come to all the meetups.

*sigh* next we will have filip claiming that a weekend of sun in barcelona is more tempting than an evening of geekery in paris... non mais qu'est-ce qu'il faut pas entendre... (amusez-vous bien avec vos jeux ! mais ayez une petite pensée pour nous quand même....)