Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
The Ghost Brigade

I was one of the people that read Old Mans War and loved it and then spoilt the experience for myself by getting all huffy when Tor didn't immediately release the rest of the series as eBooks.

I was wondering what had happened in this regard and so checked out Fictionwise and was pleased to find books 1, 3, and 4 available. I was not so pleased to see no book 2. I would like to read book 2 before 3 and 4, I am superstitious that way, but cannot find it. Does anyone know anything about this such as is book 2 available elsewhere or is there some legal dispute or what?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I was one of the people that read Old Mans War and loved it and then spoilt the experience for myself by getting all huffy when Tor didn't immediately release the rest of the series as eBooks.

I was wondering what had happened in this regard and so checked out Fictionwise and was pleased to find books 1, 3, and 4 available. I was not so pleased to see no book 2. I would like to read book 2 before 3 and 4, I am superstitious that way, but cannot find it. Does anyone know anything about this such as is book 2 available elsewhere or is there some legal dispute or what?
Both Sony and Amazon have The Ghost Brigade. Why it's not at the general purpose shops, I have no idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can find Ghost Brigade for £6.84 in Mobipocket, Adobe eReader and Adobe Digital Edition formats at panmacmillan.com

e.g. the Mobipocket version is at
http://www.panmacmillan.com/titles/d...&BookID=410481

£6.84 is currently just a little over $10, about the same as the Club price at fictionwise for Old Man's War and The Last Colony.

What's weird is that Pan Macmillan don't have eBook versions of the other books in the series.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Thanks, got it and reading it.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You can find Ghost Brigade for £6.84 in Mobipocket, Adobe eReader and Adobe Digital Edition formats at panmacmillan.com
There is no such thing as Adobe eReader. Adobe Digital Editions is too vague a term. it's either PDF with DRM or ePub with DRM. Could be in both though.

Anyway, I know you didn't label them this way.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-10-2008 at 10:59 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
On the plus side it's DRM free from panmacmillan which helps
simond is offline   Reply With Quote