Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #31
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover View Post
The application is not running in the background while reading.

When will be possible to listen to radio stations in streaming via WiFi?
You can do streaming audio via WiFi with mplayer on the kindle. You need to tweak the control.sh script and add launchpad keyboard shortcuts to start them.

You can see the details here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=44

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 02-24-2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: removed formatting as link didn't show
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #32
Glover
Glover began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G (5.3.7.2)
I have Kindle Touch 3G with firmware 5.3.7.2 - launchapd doesn't work and obviously no keyboard shortcuts available...
Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #33
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have Kindle Touch 3G with firmware 5.3.7.2 - launchapd doesn't work and obviously no keyboard shortcuts available...
Ah, I was unaware of that. You can create KUAL menu entries as an alternative to using launchpad. You would need to have mplayer installed and the control.sh shell script edited as in the mplayer thread. You can then create a set of KUAL menu entries to start individual streams and one entry to stop play. If you need an example let me know.

Dave
Old 02-25-2015, 02:18 AM   #34
Glover

I will be grateful for an example, because I tried and in my case it doesn't work.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #35
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
I will be grateful for an example, because I tried and in my case it doesn't work.
I have attached a zip file containing the KUAL menu entries I am using and the updated control.sh script for mplayer. If I have done this correctly and you have mplayer installed in its own directory as usual then you should be able to attach your kindle to your computer and unzip the contents onto the kindle drive to install it. You may need to restart KUAL or the kindle to get this working. I also included a KUAL menu entry for myts. If the mplayer menu entries don't work you can install myts and then access a terminal session to work with mplayer in. You should be able to modify control.sh to play the streams you want following my examples in that script.

I hope this helps.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip mplayer-kual.zip (3.2 KB, 227 views)
Advert
Old 02-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Oops.

Last edited by knc1; 02-25-2015 at 08:03 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #37
Glover

On my Kindle it doesn't work...
Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #38
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
On my Kindle it doesn't work...
How does it not work? I just tried something this evening when I was having some problems with streaming and wanted to see what was going on. I imagine you could use SSH access to your kindle to do much the same.

I opened a myts terminal, giving myself access to the shell command line on my kindle. I changed directories to the mplayer directory. I then issued the call to the control.sh script directly that I was calling from launchpad:

./control.sh wmal

This ran the control.sh script with output to my myts terminal window, which revealed all the output from mplayer as it was dealing with my streams. I saw that there must have been network congestion of some sort involved, as I would see a connection made and play would start, followed by cache fill failures.

Hopefully running the control.sh from an SSH terminal session on your kindle touch would reveal what it going wrong as well.

Dave

PS: it also looks as if you could use KTERM on your kindle touch for this

Last edited by dhdurgee; 02-25-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: to add a postscript

Tags
alsaplayer, audio, kual, native, twobob