Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Kobo app for WebOS?

I've been told there's a very good chance I'll soon be the proud(?) owner of an HP TouchPad. Does anyone know if the Kobo app is available for that device? For once, Google was less than helpful, and I'd love to be able to read my kePub books on a screen that's bigger than a smartphone.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I've been told there's a very good chance I'll soon be the proud(?) owner of an HP TouchPad. Does anyone know if the Kobo app is available for that device? For once, Google was less than helpful, and I'd love to be able to read my kePub books on a screen that's bigger than a smartphone.
Check this out.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Check this out.

Okay, that's a major fail on my part. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I thought HP was dumping the Touchpad and WebOS was essentially dead.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

They're saying they will keep it and the app store alive. And if that's just marketing-speak to boost sales, the sooner I get the app (if it's available) the better.
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kobo announced way back when the TouchPad launched that they were not going to make an app for it. And now that it's dead...

There isn't much choice when it comes to reading on the TouchPad, sorry:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...pad-an-update/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Okay, that's a major fail on my part. Thanks!
Never mind. Just found this and they say it won't work.

KOBO app on HP TouchPad????

Quote:
will the KOBO ereader app from the palm phones work on the HP TouchPad??? i can't buy the touchpad with out this app...

~~~~~~~~~~

No, it doesn't work on the TouchPad, it doesn't show up in the App Catalog.

It also doesn't work on webOS 2.X, or at least it didn't work on my Pre 2 the last time I tried it out. Really unfortunate, I didn't use the app on my original Pre very much but the odd time I used it was nice to have. I'd absolutely love to have it for my TouchPad, I also have a Kobo eReader for most of my e-reading needs but there will almost certainly be times when I don't want to take both my TouchPad and my Kobo.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Aw, that's a pity....

But I'm starting to understand why they decided to drop it now, if reading options are that limited. Ah well. I'm still getting one, and hopefully before too long I'll be able to put Android on it.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Aw, that's a pity....

But I'm starting to understand why they decided to drop it now, if reading options are that limited. Ah well. I'm still getting one, and hopefully before too long I'll be able to put Android on it.
I ordered one of the $99 specials a month ago and it finally shipped. Should be arriving soon.

I had no plans for reading books on it anyway and only got it because it was $99. It'll make a great internet device for the living room and will replace my netbook for that role.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I had no plans for reading books on it anyway and only got it because it was $99. It'll make a great internet device for the living room and will replace my netbook for that role.
That's the same reason I got it. For scrolling score updates when NBA season starts. If it ever does.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #11
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Fingers crossed on the Android port for the Touchpad then... development has been quite encouraging of late.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
That's the same reason I got it. For scrolling score updates when NBA season starts. If it ever does.
Basketball ......

Great news; my TouchPads arrived yesterday. Now comes the part I'm not looking forward to - testing each one to make sure they're working properly. Think I'll wait until the weekend's over.