Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Socrates
Socrates began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Wireless internet connection frustrating IDS connection

I've got a really simple system set up at home, a laptop with a wireless internet card to allow for roaming with the computer at home and away.

I'm struggling to get an IDS connection. I've tried all the combinations I can think of with the iLiad set up. It doesn't see the laptop when I turn the wireless connectivity on, which I usually disable for security. I've turned on options to let other devices connect through the computer.

The only thing I can think of is that I've been using the USB cable instead of some other cable.

Can anbody offer any advice?

Many thanks

Socrates
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am not sure, but i think ad-hoc connections (computer to computer without an access point in between) are not possible with the iLiad.

And to get an Internetconnection via your computer, you would have to connect your computer with the iLiad with a LAN cross cable, and turn on the internet connection sharing on your PC.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Socrates
Socrates began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Thanks Tribble

I will try this tonight with a borrowed cable and let the forum know if it works.

Soc
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
tophycam
tophycam began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
What is the Wifi for in the iLiad 2nd Edition if we cannot set up internet connection? Has anyone succeed already at this time?
tophycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophycam View Post
What is the Wifi for in the iLiad 2nd Edition if we cannot set up internet connection? Has anyone succeed already at this time?
I think setting up internet connection (both wired and wireless) on iLiad using shell script has been avaialbe for two years. Search the forum and you will get what you want. For me, internet connection allows me to manipulate filesystem of iLiad from my desktop.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophycam View Post
Works fine on mine. What problem are you having?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
I use a laptop with Vista Home Premium, I utilise both a wireless connection on my home network, and have also connected at odd times via an Ethernet cable. This works fine for all my other bits and pieces.

However the iLiad just will not connect either through the ethernet cable connected directly to the router or through the laptop via an ethernet cable.

It will not connect wirelessly to anything.

I have double checked all the configuration settings on the laptop and on the iLiad and the network. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all associated software, all to no avail.

The main reason why I want to connect is to set the clock to the correct time. I can do everything else I need via normal USB connections to the Iliad. However I now need to undertake a series of documentary notes and annotations over an extended period and I need to have them dated correctly without having to manually erase the incorrect date each time and then type in the correct one.

Thus if I can fix the clock to the right time I will forget the internet connection.
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
However the iLiad just will not connect either through the ethernet cable connected directly to the router or through the laptop via an ethernet cable.
Do you set your router provide DHCP service?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
That's odd. A wired ethernet connection should be pretty simple.

Quote:
It will not connect wirelessly to anything.
What type of wireless router are you using? The iLiad has always had trouble dealing with "N" routers. You'll get much better luck sticking with either "B" or "G" mode.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote