Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
edgman
edgman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
edgman

I am putting together a Kindle book using serif PagePlus and am uploading it to Sigil to be completed in Calibri.
Unfortunately, when I upload to Sigil my font sizes go haywire and I end up getting hugs sizes, mostly when I have use italics.
Eventually after a great deal of time I managed to put them right in Sigil - a lot of trial and error ending with fonts which seem to be slightly different sizes.
Unfortunately, when i then sent them to Calibri to send to the Kindle, once they are on the Kindle the fonts go haywire again.

Is there any way I can fix the fonts so they don't do this?
edgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly: use a meaningful thread title and post to the correct forum. It's in your own best interest to do so.

Moved to the Sigil forum since this appears to be about Sigil.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Calibri is the name of a font. I don't understand how you can send something to a font, unless you perhaps mean "Calibre", rather than "Calibri"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Perhaps posting an example of your html/css so we can see what the problem might be??
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:08 AM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgman View Post
I am putting together a Kindle book using serif PagePlus and am uploading it to Sigil to be completed in Calibri.
Unfortunately, when I upload to Sigil my font sizes go haywire and I end up getting hugs sizes, mostly when I have use italics.
Eventually after a great deal of time I managed to put them right in Sigil - a lot of trial and error ending with fonts which seem to be slightly different sizes.
Unfortunately, when i then sent them to Calibri to send to the Kindle, once they are on the Kindle the fonts go haywire again.
There's no reason to get Calibre involved. Sigil produces an epub, and epubs convert just find on the KDP. (I assume you are publishing this book and not creating it for your own enjoyment?)

In my experience, Sigil is happiest when opening an html file. I get my html file by pasting a Word doc into Word2CleanHtml dot com online (there are other ways). I use a separate style sheet which you are welcome to borrow and adapt: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

There should (IMHO) be not font instructions in the book at all. Let the defaults rule!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You are making life hard for yourself by constructing your book in a page layout program. This is not how ebooks work. I suggest you write your book in plain text, then add ebook-appropriate formatting in Sigil.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote