Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
$50 Orig Nook Trade-in on any new Nook

I got an email from B&N offering a $50 trade-in on the original nook for any new nook device. The offer is good through 12/24.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
The offer I got was to get a $50 gift card to use for other purchases, beside the new Nook. So not a discount on the Nook. Still not bad!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Why do they want all of those 1st edition Nooks back? Does anyone think it might have something to do with the 3G service?
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbhallain View Post
Why do they want all of those 1st edition Nooks back? Does anyone think it might have something to do with the 3G service?
Exactly my thinking also as they no longer offer it. I have one listed in the flea market now for sale.

Amazon also changed their 3g so you can no longer use it for anything but purchases.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post

Amazon also changed their 3g so you can no longer use it for anything but purchases.
That only applies to the newest Kindles, not the Keyboard or other older models.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
They are not getting back my 3G Classic for $50. Try again B&N.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
They are not getting back my 3G Classic for $50. Try again B&N.
I concur. I love my first edition, and I bought it at the original price. They're going to need to pry it from my proverbials.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
I don't think this is a very good deal. I like my 1st edition and I gave it to my daughter when I bought my new STR.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
Barnes and Nobles was selling a new Nook Touch for $75 and taxes on their ebay store. Too good to resist. Had I traded in my Nook classic, I would've netted only $30 given the ebay price. Figured it was worth more than $30 even if used as a backup.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
osu
osu began at the beginning.

Device: whatever.
Interesting.

Nice that they pay you (sort of) to upgrade...

But, you could likely get more than $50 just selling it... especially 3G.

I wonder if there's a motive.. I mean, how many people who are looking to upgrade an old device still use a lot of 3G on their outdated devices?
osu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
kado
Enthusiast
kado began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition
Could it be because of non-latin fonts which are not supported in Nook Classic?

I don't know why B&N don't support this beautiful device, they could have resolved it easily with a simple firmware update, I believe.

Please see the thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163519
kado is offline   Reply With Quote