Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
These are mine;
And I had 60% of Juggernaut but when I sent my Kobo Touch for replacement all the partly achieved awards where wiped clean
Juggernaut is just loading in a bunch of books. 40, 50 or 100 maybe. I think.

And yeah, it helps to synch with the desktop every once in a while to ensure you don't lose the awards as in your situation or if you have to do a hard reset.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #17
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Here's some more that I haven't yet achived;

Mark Twain award, read a Mark Twain book at least once a day for two weeks.

Last edited by The Terminator; 08-08-2012 at 01:25 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Juggernaut is just loading in a bunch of books. 40, 50 or 100 maybe. I think.

And yeah, it helps to synch with the desktop every once in a while to ensure you don't lose the awards as in your situation or if you have to do a hard reset.
Juggernaut is for reading 10000 pages in a couple of months.

Last edited by The Terminator; 01-27-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
The Terminator
Retired

The one that stumps me the most is Magic Kobo Ereader.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
The one that stumps me the most is Magic Kobo Ereader.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #21
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Umm.. So you get an award for finding the Easter egg? Not available for the Touch I guess.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Juggernaut is WAY harder than that . You have to read over 10,000 pages in under two months.
Wow! That IS hard. Hmm.. I guess I'll have to do a lot more reading. :P
Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #23
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Here's some more that I haven't yet achived;

Mark Twain award (Read Twain two weeks)

1 Million Award (Everyone want's this one , it is for the 1 millionth award given. You get a bunch of gift cards and maybe a Kobo I believe)
You have to read Twain books for 2 weeks? So just a few pages a day for 2 weeks or maybe complete a few over 2 weeks?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #24
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
I got my juggernaut recently (does it depend on pages flipped or actual 'pages'? I'm thinking pages flipped...cos I only completed 8 books :S)
How do you get the 'all you can eat' award?
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #25
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
I got my juggernaut recently (does it depend on pages flipped or actual 'pages'? I'm thinking pages flipped...cos I only completed 8 books :S)
How do you get the 'all you can eat' award?
I added books quickly so didn't really keep track at what amount awarded 'all you can eat'.. Someone has mentioned that about 40 books will trigger the award.. Easily done if you just select some free books from kobo.com or download from feedbooks or even Project Gutenberg.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #26
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
You have to read Twain books for 2 weeks? So just a few pages a day for 2 weeks or maybe complete a few over 2 weeks?

You just have to read every day for 2 weeks, any book will do
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've got the Android app, here's a list of awards I've got so far...

1) Reading Life - Welcome to Reading Life
2) Facebook - You've connected to your social network
3) I My ♥ Library - You've started to build a digital library with Kobo
4) Once Upon a Time - You started reading a new book
5) Not an Open Book - You've finished a book
6) Scout Leader - You have 10 Kobo Achievements
7) Deep Thinker - You made a note in your book
8) Inverted Comma - You highlighted your first passage
9) Night Rider - You read all night long
10) Fanatic - You have read 5 books by the same author
11) Papillon - 10 shares to Facebook
12) Total Recall - We love re-reading our favorite books too
13) Freeloader - You've found and added 10 free books
14) The Twain Award - Bestowed upon you for reading everyday for the past 14 days straight
15) Juggernaught - You've turned 10,000 pages with Kobo
16) Afternook Rush Hour - read five times between 4pm and 6pm
17) Happy Hour - read five times between 6pm and 8pm
18) Primetime - read five times between 8pm and 10pm
19) Better in Bed - read five times between 10pm and 12am
20) Witching Hour - read five times between 12am and 1am
21) Graveyard Shift - read five times between 1am and 5am
22) Kill the Commute - read five times between 7am and 9am
23) Sleeping In - read five times between 9am and 12am
24) I Eat Books for Lunch - read during lunchtime: 12 and 2pm
25) Playing Hooky - read five times between 2pm and 4pm
26) Off the Wall - for sharing on Facebook
27) Quoth the Maven - Quote stuff to Facebook
28) All You Can Eat - You have so many eBooks your virtual bookshelf is creaking
29) Fully Loaded - You added documents to your app

The only thing that sucks is the app doesn't sync awards so while my phone has tons of awards my tablet only has a few. It'd me nice if the awards sync'd across devices.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

13) Freeloader - You've found and added 10 free books
29) Fully Loaded - You added documents to your app
I don't think these are available for the KT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

7) Deep Thinker - You made a note in your book
10) Fanatic - You have read 5 books by the same author
12) Total Recall - We love re-reading our favorite books too
27) Quoth the Maven - Quote stuff to Facebook
I wonder if these awards are also available on the Kobo Touch..

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #29
Xennex1170
Addict

Ok, an update of the awards confirmed for the KT so far in order they appear in Awards and how you get them:
1)Welcome to Reading Life (I guess everyone gets this one for simply turning your KT on).
2)BookLover (grayed out) (This is the one with the bug, supposed to be awarded when you first log into your Kobo account from the KT)
3)I <3 My Library (Just add a few books to your KT)
4)Once Upon a Time (Start reading any ebook)
5)Not an Open Book (Finish one ebook)
6)Pressed for Details (Learn how to do the Long press for ebook info)
7)Scout Leader (Get 10 Reading Life Awards)
8)Highly Decorated (Get 20 Reading Life Awards)
9)Night Rider (Read for about 3-4 hours past midnight?)
10)Word Up! (Look up definitions for 10 words)
11)Juggernaut (only 32% right now)(Make 10k page turns)
12)Page Turner (read a book for 2hrs straight)
13)Afternoon Rush Hour (Read 5 times between 4pm-6pm)
14)Happy Hour (Read 5 times between 6pm-8pm)
15)Primetime (Read 5 times between 8pm-10pm)
16)Better in Bed (Read 5 times between 10pm-12am)
17)Witching Hour (Read 5 times between 12am-1am)
18)Graveyard Shift (Read 5 times between 1am-5am)
19)Eat It (Read 5 times between 5am-7am)
20)Kill the Commute (Read 5 times between 7am-9am)
21)Sleeping In (Read 5 times between 9am-12pm)
22)I Eat Books for Lunch (Read 5 times between 12pm-2pm)
23)Playing Hooky (Read 5 times between 2pm-4pm)
24)All You Can Eat (Load 40+ books into your KT main memory or SD card)
25)Facebook (Awarded when you first log into Facebook from your KT)
26)Inverted Comma (Awarded when you highlight your first passage)
27)Papillon (Awarded when you post to Facebook 10 times)

I have all listed above now except #19 visible in my Awards

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
The Terminator
Retired

I'm not sure if you can deep thinker with the KT. I've taken notes and not got it.

Tags
awards, reading life, touch