Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #331
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Feature request - Recent additions

Is it possible to make the # of recent additions a setting in the stream, instead of in the config_local.php file.

The number of new books constantly changes and the default setting is often wrong.

maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #332
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
After a while i noticed that i got a lot of errors trying to download a book. I use Wamp and cops 0.2.3 (latest version). It took me a while to discover that it was this setting that created the error. I set it back to zero and the errors stopped.
First can you confirm this comportment is the same when using a standard Internet browser ?

If that's true, can you email me an ebook and a copy of your Calibre database (or a minimal database that can reproduce the problem). I'll check it out.

About your feature request, the recent additions always the X most recent ebooks so I don't know how any default setting can be wrong. Can you explain it a little more ?
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #333
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
I used the Epub metadata setting, because I liked the idea of getting the latest metadata displayed instead of the one in the file itself.

$config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1";

After a while i noticed that i got a lot of errors trying to download a book. I use Wamp and cops 0.3.2 (latest version). It took me a while to discover that it was this setting that created the error. I set it back to zero and the errors stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
First can you confirm this comportment is the same when using a standard Internet browser ?
I saw the post and tried it out for myself.
1 - WAMP+ COPS + IOS =
a. sometimes no error
b. sometimes an error in downloading
c. sometimes no error but application crash
2 - WAMP = COPS + EPUBReader for Firefox (in Windows 7 and OSX)
a. sometimes no error
b. sometimes an error in opening plugin (I can download the ebook, but it does not open in EPUBReader (error)
c. sometimes error message of EPUBReader

3 - Debian Apache + COPS + IOS
and
4 - Debian Apache + COPS + EPUBReader
same behaviour

$config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "0";

and all the problems go away.

So the ePubs in the calibre database/directories/folders are not changed.

The problem is that the eReaders cannot read the served content.
(X-Sendfile = off, only PHP)

To reproduce the problem use Firefox with EPUBReader and any Calibre Database.
As I wrote not every eBook gave this problem, but I could not find logic in what eBook gave a problem or not. So it's a proces of trial and error.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #334
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
About your feature request, the recent additions always the X most recent ebooks so I don't know how any default setting can be wrong. Can you explain it a little more ?
I standard have 50 specified, but when i add 100 books i will only get the 50 most recent additions, the other 50 will only show if i change the value to 100.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #335
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@mariosipad

I tried using Epubreader last night but I never managed to enter my OPDS url .... not a very easy to use plugin !

I'll try again with mantano / fbreader

@maxjens

Now I understand what you mean but I don't know what I can do about it.

I could check the last day where books were added and get all the books added this day. It seems too complicated for my taste but is that what you wanted ?
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #336
maxjens
Connoisseur

Quote:
I could check the last day where books were added and get all the books added this day. It seems too complicated for my taste but is that what you wanted ?
That would be great, then the number doesn't matter. Or add a feed that sorts on day added.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #337
vlad59
Addict

@mariosipad & maxjens

I made some more tries with metadata update and I didn't have a single fail. I guess I'll need some files that fail for you.

So far I've tried with :
* Debian + PHP 5.3 + Nginx
* Archlinux + PHP 5.4 + Nginx

I'll try with my Synology later (to use Apache).
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #338
vlad59
Addict

I found a file always causing problem with EpubReader. I'll take care of that and report later.

Last edited by vlad59; 03-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #339
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
I found a file causing always problem with EpubReader. I'll take care of that and report later.
That saves me (a lot of) work. Trying to explain something is not always easy.

I can recreate the problem with the seting
$config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1";

But not always reliably.

Sometimes a file works ok, and then error!? Strange.

The problem also occurs more in my Windows WAMP setup than in my Debian setup.

Setting $config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "0"; solves the problem everytime.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #340
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hmmm.. this seems the same issue as reported by me earlier. I failed to reproduce the error last time, but I suspect that this has something to do with my browsers cache.

Will try to reproduce the error also. When I reported this error it seemed as if the file size of an e-book shrunk to a few kb.

Regards.

Northguy
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #341
mariosipad
Guru

@Northguy

It might be the same issue, but I never observed the file-size of the book to shrink to e few kb.

The e-readers just said that the e-Pub was corrupted (see attachement) when served with COPS with the setting

$config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1";.

However I never tried your Sony (?) e-reader.
The same problem might manifest itself in different ways with different e-readers.

@vlad59
Maybe you could see if there is a difference between the original file (Calibre) and the file "served" with COPS if that file was unreadable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 2.51.07 PM.png
Views:	212
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	102806  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #342
vlad59
Addict

So far the problem I did reproduce is getting a unusable epub with approximately the same size as the original Epub.

I did not reproduce any 0 size epub.

The first problem is due to a problem in the zip library I'm using. I've tried contacting the author asking for his help. Let's hope he'll answer !
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #343
maxjens
Connoisseur

Quote:
So far the problem I did reproduce is getting a unusable epub with approximately the same size as the original Epub.

I did not reproduce any 0 size epub.

The first problem is due to a problem in the zip library I'm using. I've tried contacting the author asking for his help. Let's hope he'll answer !
Why is it behaving differently per epub, some are rejected, others are accepted?

Just curious
Old 03-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #344
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Why is it behaving differently per epub, some are rejected, others are accepted?

Just curious
I'm still asking myself the same question and for now I have no idea why

I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #345
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance that what you are seeing is a CaSE SenSItivity issue between what is in the database and what is on the filesystem?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology