Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Tey, Josephine: Miss Pym Disposes. v1. 14 Aug. 07

I've heard the name Josephine Tey ever since I was in my 20s, but I have yet to read one of her mysteries. Now I can.

This was published in 1946 and there's a run-down about the book on the following paragraph.

"The setting of this book (a girls' school) is more claustrophobic than many of Tey's other mysteries, but her exploration of human nature is no less deep. A sullen, unpopular girl is awarded a valuable scholarship, instead of the candidate favored by their classmates and teachers. When the former is found "accidentally" dead under suspicious circumstances, Miss Pym is drawn involuntarily into helping to solve the mystery. Her analysis of who could have done it -- psychologically as well as physically -- is fascinating and logical."

I hope you enjoy it. I hope I enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Tey, Josephine - Miss Pym Disposes.lrf (257.0 KB, 595 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
For many years you could find this in the libraries as a collection, Three by Tey, comprising Miss Pym, The Franchise Affair, and Brat Farrar. The first two especially are a little dated, but in the best way. But Tey was at her English best in the development and presentation of characters. Nice to have this available.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
For many years you could find this in the libraries as a collection, Three by Tey, comprising Miss Pym, The Franchise Affair, and Brat Farrar. The first two especially are a little dated, but in the best way. But Tey was at her English best in the development and presentation of characters. Nice to have this available.

Jim
It's funny you mentioned that book. I used to see it years ago, too, but as a book club edition. I couldn't begin to tell you what those 3 novels were in the book. It's good to know exactly what they were after all those years.

I didn't see any other Tey available at this time, but I'll keep an eye out for more of her work.

Thank you,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote