Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Sony Reader Daily Edition - ad photo leaked

A picture has been leaked showing 3 Sony Reader models: Pocket Edition, Touch Edition, and Daily Edition. You can view the Flash animation here:
http://www.wordsmoveme.com/reader/ereaders

I really have to hand it to Sony. They're very good at keeping stuff a secret. It looks like I'm the only one who was clever enough to find out what the Daily Edition is. I'll tell you in about 30 minutes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Nate, Nate, Nate....such a tease.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
quichi
quichi began at the beginning.

Device: wish I had one
Talking

looks bigger .....
quichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Oh no you di'nt.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Burliburd
Enthusiast
Burliburd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, iPod Touch
It is the rear side of the 600 in a larger picture.
Burliburd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PSP and an age old Dell Inspiron 1150
I can't help but type - Kindle Killer?

I just read about this on Engadget. I don't want to speculate, but I can't help but think that this where Sony finally brings in wireless sync features to its readers. Especially given the FCC markings on the back

If the teaser is any hint, given the fact the reader is slightly larger than the Reader Touch, I'd place it at 7 - 9 inches.

And Nate, we're still waiting.

Last edited by Labib Rahman; 08-25-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Typo
Labib Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Be Szpilman
Fetch that LRF
Be Szpilman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Treo 650
I can only hope Sony does an international-friendly release. Enough with the Amazon dominion!
Be Szpilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Now that's interesting! I wonder if this daily edition keeps the sharp contrast of 505? I was really tempted by prs-600 until I saw its side-by side comparison pic with 505...
The daily edition looks promising though...bigger, but not too big (9.7" big XDDD). If the sharpness is anywhere better than prs-500 (the model I've got), then it will definitely be my new machine!
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

According to Gizmodo, details are coming at a 10.30 Sony news conference. It's 9.15 now, so we should know more in a hour and a half or so.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thse suspense is killing me! I am about to pee my pants... or someones pants.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labib Rahman View Post
According to Gizmodo, details are coming at a 10.30 Sony news conference. It's 9.15 now, so we should know more in a hour and a half or so.
It is currently 10:20 in New York.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burliburd View Post
It is the rear side of the 600 in a larger picture.
or... is it ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpilman View Post
I can only hope Sony does an international-friendly release. Enough with the Amazon dominion!
from your fingers to sony's ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Thse suspense is killing me! I am about to pee my pants... or someones pants.
you're not the only one, believe me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labib Rahman View Post
It better not be. Seeing as 10:30 is only 10 minutes away in NY.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #15
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast

Oops, my bad, I'm in Bangladesh so I just went with whatever time the comments are getting posted with. So, 10-15 minutes to go, let's see. I camping on the Gizmodo page for now.