Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #961
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Granted. You had three wishes, and a full day to use them. That day being exactly one year ago.

I wish for Buck Rogers.
Yo, there, Mr. Dylrob. WHAT do you wish for Buck Rogers? Do wish that he marry Ginger and move to Cleveland? Do you wish that he run for mayor there? Do wish that he would finally switch from briefs to boxers? Or perhaps do you wish to own Buck Rogers? I don't think he's for sale. Nevertheless, your wish is granted. You now own him. Be sure to fulfill the other desires. I'll look up Ginger's phone number and send you a link to the Fruit-of-the-Loom website.

I wish Patricia would return to us soon so I could see her photos of PORTUGAL!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #962
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Granted. Unfortunately, because there are so many (she took pictures of the entire country, y'see...) they crash the MR site with minutes of being uploaded.

I wish the yeti got along with ebook readers so he would sign up here so I didn't have to explain to him why I kept giggling, or exclaiming "Portugal!" when he said he was posting a parcel to Portugal...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #963
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I wish the yeti got along with ebook readers so he would sign up here so I didn't have to explain to him why I kept giggling, or exclaiming "Portugal!" when he said he was posting a parcel to Portugal...
granted. but in his enthusiasm he first steals your liseuse and you never get it back, and then becomes such an active poster in the llounge that you have to spend all your waking hours online to keep up with the threads, and you lose your job and your friends forget what you look like. also, the references to squirrels and random cries of "PORTUGAL !!" in your house increase exponentially, and everyone who knows you thinks you have both gone insane.

i wish that whatever i was in the mood to eat would magically appear in my refrigerator, without necessitating a trip to the store or any preparation.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #964
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i wish that whatever i was in the mood to eat would magically appear in my refrigerator, without necessitating a trip to the store or any preparation.
Granted, but now you're cursed with an insatiable craving for mood food. You spend 24 hours a day posting to MR with your toes because both your hands are stuffing mood food in you face. You're getting bigger and bigger until you're nearly as big as the refrigerator, which is now too small because you're in the mood for more food than your refrigerator can hold.

But wait, it's a magical refrigerator after all. And since you don't specify HOW MUCH you're in the mood for, an enormous amount of mood food magically appears within the confines of the refrigerator until it stretches to gargantuan size and keeps expanding. You've eaten so much mood food that you can no longer fit through your door.

Your refrigerator keeps filling with mood food, growing larger and larger, contorting through interior doorways, filling every inch of every room and begins bulging out of the windows, threatening to explode all over the shums below (if only.) You barely have room to breathe.

It's crushed your computer and you can no longer post at MR. Well, that does it! That development makes you totally loose your appetite. But alas, too late (sniff, sniff.) You're computer is already crushed to the size of a mint tin. You need to get to a computer NOW. You just MUST post to MR, YOU MUST! But you're still too huge to fit through the door, and the fridge stopped expanding just short of busting through the wall so you could escape. You're trapped and can't make it to the Paris meet-up. What will you do, oh what WILL you do? Poor Z.

I don't thiink I want to make a wish.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:48 AM   #965
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I don't thiink I want to make a wish.
Refusal to wish automatically results in the corruption of the previous wish to be applied onto you as well:

Quote:
Granted, but now you're cursed with an insatiable craving for mood food. You spend 24 hours a day posting to MR with your toes because both your hands are stuffing mood food in you face. You're getting bigger and bigger until you're nearly as big as the refrigerator, which is now too small because you're in the mood for more food than your refrigerator can hold.

But wait, it's a magical refrigerator after all. And since you don't specify HOW MUCH you're in the mood for, an enormous amount of mood food magically appears within the confines of the refrigerator until it stretches to gargantuan size and keeps expanding. You've eaten so much mood food that you can no longer fit through your door.

Your refrigerator keeps filling with mood food, growing larger and larger, contorting through interior doorways, filling every inch of every room and begins bulging out of the windows, threatening to explode all over the shums below (if only.) You barely have room to breathe.

It's crushed your computer and you can no longer post at MR. Well, that does it! That development makes you totally loose your appetite. But alas, too late (sniff, sniff.) You're computer is already crushed to the size of a mint tin. You need to get to a computer NOW. You just MUST post to MR, YOU MUST! But you're still too huge to fit through the door, and the fridge stopped expanding just short of busting through the wall so you could escape. You're trapped and can't make it to the Paris meet-up. What will you do, oh what WILL you do? Poor Lady Blue.

I wish for something vague.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #966
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

I wish for something vague.
Granted. Dylrob, meet Paris Hilton. Paris Hilton mean Dylrob...no, Paris, over here. No, that's a wardrobe...this is Dylrob...yes, you can go shopping for shoes later...no, that's the hat-tree; Dylrob is the one with the legs...aaaand that's a chair. ~sigh~

Anyway Dylrob...vague you wished for, and vague you've got (Suggestion: Don't come within 50cm of her without latex gloves and an all-over body-salve of creme-penicillin).

I wish we all weren't so enamoured of celebrity.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #967
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Granted. Instead celebrity is now enamoured of us, and the likes of Paris Hilton et al invade the llounge wondering what it's all about, and harrassing us to be their friends.

I wish all the "celeb" gossip mags suddenly ceased to exist, their existing staff became investigative journalists and we had an equivilant amount of mags/papers devoted to real journalism instead.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #968
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted. Welcome to the Conversatory!

I wish that Farking Spring would at least turn into Pothole Season.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #969
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Granted. Here I am, back again.
Actually, I didn't take any pictures at all. But I had just given my partner a new camera for his birthday, so I let him take lots of them.

I wish that pshrynk had Portuguese weather. It was mostly sunny, with a fresh breeze.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #970
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted.

What? I am not about to corrupt that one!

I wish oh, look! Dr Who!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #971
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Granted.

What? I am not about to corrupt that one!

I wish oh, look! Dr Who!
Granted, Dr Who is now your patient and your name is Rose Tyler. You'll now have to deal with all of the troubles of MR, mankind and alien beings and non-beings, in all present, past and future tenses.

I wish I had a ZCD to watch the show in all tenses.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #972
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Granted, Dr Who is now your patient and your name is Rose Tyler. You'll now have to deal with all of the troubles of MR, mankind and alien beings and non-beings, in all present, past and future tenses.

I wish I had a ZCD to watch the show in all tenses.
Granted. I'm not going to elaborate, the ZCD will corrupt your wish enough by itself

I wish I wasn't allergic to nickel
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #973
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
I'm not sure that wish should be granted, Am. Just tell people that base metals won't do. Then they'll have to give you gold earrings for your birthday.

I'm wishing for fine weather this weekend at the Paris meet-up.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #974
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Since Patricia won't do it...

Quote:
Granted. Now you're allergic to every other US currency.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #975
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Since Patricia won't do it...

Granted. Now you're allergic to every other US currency.
I wish Dylrob had played the game and wished for a wish....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness