Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Terry Goodkind - SOT

Hi,
I was researching ebook versions of the SOT series by Terry Goodkind a few days ago and came across a couple of old threads here. I was wondering if there is any updated info on whether the entire SOT series is available as ebooks. I know that his newest book Law of Nines is available because I checked it out of the library on my Sony (glad I didn't pony up the hardback price on that one!) but I would really like to have the previous series as ebooks.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I assume you mean "legally available". Not that I could find, but that was a while ago.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #3
nikkers
tragic
nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ classic
Ditto
nikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
We continue to wait ....

I believe someone on a post a while ago said they'd found book 1 - other than that the only non-paper versions I've noticed are 'audio' ....

Perhaps someone could transfer an audio version into electronic ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
perost
Enthusiast
perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Book 1 is available from Amazon (even internationally it seems). The other books doesn't seem to be available though, which is a bit sad considering that there are well-formatted EPUBs available on the shadier part of the Internet.
perost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Not remotely helpful, but this is the meaning I've always known for "sot" so I had to click on the thread so see why someone was angrily name-calling this Goodkind fellow.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Toads toasted truth that is .... !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 AM   #8
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Not remotely helpful, but this is the meaning I've always known for "sot" so I had to click on the thread so see why someone was angrily name-calling this Goodkind fellow.
thanks for the laugh!
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that Terry Goodkind LIED to his readers. He said that the exclusive deal he had with Amazon for his first book was only going to be for six months. Total fantasy and pure BS. It's been a lot longer then six months since that lie was told to us.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that Terry Goodkind LIED to his readers. He said that the exclusive deal he had with Amazon for his first book was only going to be for six months. Total fantasy and pure BS. It's been a lot longer then six months since that lie was told to us.
Yep, sadly that is the truth [ironic isn't it? the truth about a lie?].

That being said, Wizards First Rule is the best book of the series, and the only one worth owning, in my opinion. Read the others to complete Goodkind's Deterministic Mantra/Soapbox Speech, but don't worry about owning them.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote