Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sony and Australia

Just a thought, however with more e-books being sold in EPUB format by real life retailers in Australia like Dymocks (and Angus & Robertson on Wednesday - HarperCollins told me so), wouldn't it be a great time for Sony to partner with one of these retailers and finally start selling the Sony Reader in Australia?
They could sell the PRS-300 and PRS-600 initially and sell the PRS-900 later (when they arrange to put a suitable wireless module into them and organize a mobile telephony deal).
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Could not agree more. I would love to buy a Sony PRS-300 for my bride without going through the harder path I went through to get mine
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Not sure that will happen anytime soon. When I decided to buy a PRS600 I actually emailed Sony, asking them if and when they would be selling here. That was in September last year. The reply was so non-describt it wasn't even worth reading.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Not sure that will happen anytime soon. When I decided to buy a PRS600 I actually emailed Sony, asking them if and when they would be selling here. That was in September last year. The reply was so non-describt it wasn't even worth reading.
If you e-mailed Australian Customer Support I'm not surprised in the slightest.
I was thinking that writing to them in Japan and Australia via snail-mail might do better.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

There are a couple of Australian addresses, but the Sydney one is probably the most important:
Sony Australia Ltd
39 Talavera Rd
Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia

Here is a Japanese address:
Sony Corporation
7-1, Konan, 1-chome, Minato-ku
Tokyo 108-0075, Japan
We perhaps need someone who can read and write Japanese for a letter to Sony Japan.

Last edited by AprilHare; 05-16-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Advert