Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
But seriously, no I do not lament the demise of newspapers in their paper form. I think online and RSS are a good way for them to continue to survive in a new form, however.
A very large percentage of people (the majority, in most countries) do not have internet access, and probably will not for some considerable time. Are you proposing to deny them access to newspapers?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A very large percentage of people (the majority, in most countries) do not have internet access, and probably will not for some considerable time. Are you proposing to deny them access to newspapers?
No one is denying anyone access to anything. We're talking about economics and consumer demand; they're welcome to do whatever they like in their own countries.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I guess I will just have to wait until I get back home to check it out. I used to subscribe the local paper but I always woke up in the morning, put the paper in the car with me, took it to work, left it in the car, and brought it back home with me. I kinda like the idea that I can just take my Kindle and read when I want.
Then again I can try it with Calibre when I get back too
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Its still not the same to read the sports section on the kindle. Doesn't have the same effect as holding the paper in my hands.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Its still not the same to read the sports section on the kindle. Doesn't have the same effect as holding the paper in my hands.
To say nothing about losing the comic pages, a tragedy!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I read most of the local paper each morning. We can't both sit in front of the pc and eat our breakfast while reading the paper online. I also like the comics, and my husband does the crossword puzzle and jumble puzzle every morning. The Kindle version does not supply comics or puzzles. Until the newspaper on Kindle is a complete replacement, it does not seem worthwhile to me.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
This is what I would love for the Kindle. It even includes the comics! I realize iRex is using PressDisplay and you need a subscription but this is what I want. I just can't justify $869 for a 10.2 inch reader just so I can read the newspaper.

PressDisplay offers a mobile version for Windows CE so it would be possible to port it to the Kindle or another ebook device. I've emailed CS to ask about Kindle support and will post an answer when I receive one.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote