Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MRBC: January 09 book vote - Please vote for TWO only.
"The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle 7 14.58%
"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells 12 25.00%
"1632" by Eric Flint 11 22.92%
"Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper 7 14.58%
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson 11 22.92%
"I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov 8 16.67%
"The Time Traders" by Andre Norton 13 27.08%
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein 9 18.75%
"Neuromancer" by William Gibson 7 14.58%
"Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson 5 10.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
maybe you should make a new poll with the three (near) tied books only, the way they have a second vote in an election.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #32
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
maybe you should make a new poll with the three (near) tied books only, the way they have a second vote in an election.
Not a bad idea. We should see how this ends though. Potentially a whole bunch of people might come in and vote for one of the books (I doubt it, but you never know).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I was thinking the same thing. A three way run off vote open for maybe 2 days. Well see where we are when this poll closes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well... the poll has closed... and we do NOT have a tie. Time Traders by Andre Norton has won.

This ebook is available in the Mobileread library:

LRF https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25506

PRC https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25581

It is also available in the Baen free library in pretty much every format.

http://www.webscription.net/p-429-time-traders.aspx

BOb
Old 12-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #35
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Booo!! Who snuck that last one in?

Also, not available on the ebookstore...
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #36
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Booo!! Who snuck that last one in?
If you click on one of the "count" number above in the poll... it will show you all the votes... since I make them public to keep everyone honest and only voting for no more than two.

BOb
Old 12-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #37
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you click on one of the "count" number above in the poll... it will show you all the votes... since I make them public to keep everyone honest and only voting for no more than two.

BOb
He he, I know there was no cheating, I'm just a whiner.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
He he, I know there was no cheating, I'm just a whiner.
I didn't think you did. I was just saying, you can list who voted for what. Alas, it doesn't tell you when they voted. No... I can see that there is any rythm or reason to the way they are listed.

BOb
Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #39
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I didn't think you did. I was just saying, you can list who voted for what. Alas, it doesn't tell you when they voted. No... I can see that there is any rythm or reason to the way they are listed.

BOb
They're listed alphabetically by username
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please don't let Time Traders win. It's not really a good choice for the book club. I have read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It has won!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #42
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Well, I've downloaded it and I'm prepared to give it a go.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #43
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Well... the poll has closed... and we do NOT have a tie. Time Traders by Andre Norton has won.

This ebook is available in the Mobileread library:

LRF https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25506

PRC https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25581

It is also available in the Baen free library in pretty much every format.

http://www.webscription.net/p-429-time-traders.aspx

BOb

Oh, bollocks!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #44
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Oh, bollocks!
My sentiments exactly, but I'll read it just the same.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #45
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
perhaps if we all threw a hissy and demanded a re-count? It works here.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote