Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Talking Embedded fonts on kindle now!

I think I must have blinked and missed something.
Have Amazon deployed a firmware update for the Kindle?

I'M SURE that last time I looked embedded fonts didn't work, but now halfway through a project that has fonts on the ePUB version they're showing up on the kindle.

There's an option in the font-size menu to turn on or off "publisher fonts" that I know I didn't see before.

Hooray for Amazon!! (never thought I'd be saying that).

Are there more updates? I think I noticed the line-height change too.

Do I DARE to hope that they're close to implementing KF8 on the standard Kindle?
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Aha!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190723

oohhhhh.... KF8.
I think they've also done something with the way table cells now span better across pages rather than just cut off. I was using that for a kind of keep-together for image captions. Looks like I might be able to do it properly on the Kindle now!!

Also... and I need to check, I think that it might affect the media queries. I noticed that I couldn't modify a class when using amzn-mobi but that might just be me.

This is all very exciting!
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You should get out more.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You should get out more.
That would never work - I only have WIFI on my Kindle, how would I get my firmware updates?

Tags
embedded fonts, kindle