Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #136
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Besides the screen panel the tablet is a good buy here are some tweaks you can add to your Craig I've put together once you update the 4.2 or 4.3 image on it.

Go here

Gives you HONEYCOMB look not 100% but 50%. There are 19 tweak files along with it. I got my benchmark to show 1,667 prior the max was 1,550 before using 4.2. Then 1,600 with 4.2. The tweaks gives you the extra 67.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #137
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
and another question [thanks all for being so patient with all us newbs]:
is this good for reading manga on?
I've experimented with my 505 and while it is readable, it is just to dang small compared to the paperversion. Does that extra 1in on the Craig make a difference? Or should I save my dollars and get a larger device, like a viewsonic g?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #138
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
and another question [thanks all for being so patient with all us newbs]:
is this good for reading manga on?
I've experimented with my 505 and while it is readable, it is just to dang small compared to the paperversion. Does that extra 1in on the Craig make a difference? Or should I save my dollars and get a larger device, like a viewsonic g?

I wasn't sure how to answer that, so I just tried Manga Browser on my Craig. It seems fine. I hold it in landscape, and it's wide enough. I just have to scroll down a bit to see all the frames.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #139
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
ok im such a newb lol.. whats 4.3? Meaning how this update is different from 4.2
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #140
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by irep146jesus View Post
ok im such a newb lol.. whats 4.3? Meaning how this update is different from 4.2
besides the description. i saw market removed, why. is this a better version. i just need understanding
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #141
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irep146jesus View Post
besides the description. i saw market removed, why. is this a better version. i just need understanding
The market is still there. I think the description refers to removing the old version and putting a more updated version of the market software in.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #142
timzhangar13
timzhangar13 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig android 7inch
Bhartman36 - I am trying to backup my Craig using Tika's backing up the ROM, z4root runs fime and says it is rooted and ready, then when I run Better Terminal Pro apps it comes up with a message and says it is already shelled, then if you hit ok it goes back to the main menu screen. The only thing I can think that I did wrong was I downloaded the 4 programs and unzipped them on my laptop that runs vista 32 bit & IE, then transfered them on a stick to my (very slow) desktop that runs win 2000 & foxfire. Do you have any suggestions or do you think I should redo everything using the same computer.
timzhangar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #143
timzhangar13
timzhangar13 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig android 7inch
Maybe I should forget about a backup and just flash it with new software, I am just learning this and was doing it more to teach myself. I had one other question when I do add the new software which one do you feel is working fairly good?
timzhangar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #144
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzhangar13 View Post
Maybe I should forget about a backup and just flash it with new software, I am just learning this and was doing it more to teach myself. I had one other question when I do add the new software which one do you feel is working fairly good?
Hi, Tim.

I would really recommend just flashing it. It's a lot less trouble than trying to do a backup of your data first. I'm assuming that you don't have anything on your Craig that you don't also have somewhere else, though.

As far as which version you should use: I use the 4.3 version software. It runs well, and it's more stable than the Froyo version.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #145
princesslionness
princesslionness began at the beginning.

Device: craig android 7
Greetings, i just got my tablet yesterday and just successfully updated it to android 4.3.. i love it.. Yet everytime i try to download something from android marketplace it says soandso uploaded unsuccessful.. as well as everytime i try to use acccleaner is say all caches are cleared.. any help?
princesslionness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #146
princesslionness

i finally got it to clear the cach., and restarted it and its still saying unsuccessful.. any help please? im traveling tomorrow and would love some games~
Old 03-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #147
princesslionness

ok i just went into settings and cleared all the data.. yet it is still doing the same thing..
im going to try to download the 2.1 or is it 2.2 the link fron the post giving the directions... instead of the 4.3 maybe that is the problem
----

ok.. i did update it to the 4.2 i believe.. when i uploaded the 4.1 i didnt see any accleaner so i went and downloaded 4.2...
yet I am still having no luck with getting the apps to download from market.. please somebody help??? how can i try to clear cach and data by each app... market makes me login to my google account to use it also.. please anything??

Last edited by princesslionness; 03-20-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #148
jamesva
jamesva began at the beginning.

Device: Craig Tablet
Is there a way to change the opening screen for this Craig Tablet?
Can it open with the "grid" type menu of icons?

Thanks!
jamesva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #149
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslionness View Post
ok i just went into settings and cleared all the data.. yet it is still doing the same thing..
im going to try to download the 2.1 or is it 2.2 the link fron the post giving the directions... instead of the 4.3 maybe that is the problem
----

ok.. i did update it to the 4.2 i believe.. when i uploaded the 4.1 i didnt see any accleaner so i went and downloaded 4.2...
yet I am still having no luck with getting the apps to download from market.. please somebody help??? how can i try to clear cach and data by each app... market makes me login to my google account to use it also.. please anything??
You need to reboot after you do aCCleaner. Make sure you do that. If you clear out everything from there, and make sure you sign in to the marketplace (by logging in to your Google account) you should be okay. Let me know if you have a problem.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #150
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesva View Post
Is there a way to change the opening screen for this Craig Tablet?
Can it open with the "grid" type menu of icons?

Thanks!
I'm not an expert in Android, but I think it opens with the launcher, by default. I don't think you get the grid unless you hit the button for it. But if anyone knows different, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!