Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hisense Sero 7 Tablets - Anyone Try Them?

I just picked up the Pro the other day and while the holiday had me focused elsewhere, this little bugger has me impressed so far. I just set it up, did some browsing, and watched some video. The WiFi is very good and I like the screen quality.

Good feedback so far on Walmart's website and on the Android Central forum which had me curious to try it.

Anyone else? BTW, I really do not want the thread to venture into the old well you can buy this instead syndrome. For their cost especially, your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

It has had some folks pass their Nexus 7 on to a family member or even buying an additional Sero for them as well once they were impressed with it.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Thumbs up

I have had one since they were available and I like it very much. It does everything I want from a 7 inch tablet. I rarely ever use my 10" since I have had the Sero Pro.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
I have had one since they were available and I like it very much. It does everything I want from a 7 inch tablet. I rarely ever use my 10" since I have had the Sero Pro.
Thanks for replying. Anything you can suggest to be on the lookout for as far as you trying it and it not working?

Any earbuds with a volume control do not see to work when fully plugged in. Any others I have other then that seemed to work fine.

I needed to update a lot of the Google apps and through the wifi I basically was surprised how fast they completed at my local library.

The screen and sound I am very pleased with. I cannot stop watching Netflix Instant videos I have in my library.

I tried Temple Run, Subway Surfers and Jetpack Joyride for kicks and I was able to do better scoring and distance with those on the Sero 7 than any other tablet for whatever reason. No lag at all I will add. Maybe I will try something more intensive for testing buy I am not that much into games to tell the truth.

I see you rooted the Fire. Will you root the Pro and also do you have a case for it?

I will be surprised if tablet junkies here do not try out this device at least. I have spent more and gotten less. I see no reason why it will not replace my N7 at this point at least.

Last edited by robertc88; 07-06-2013 at 11:23 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Want one. Unfortunately, it's in-store only last I checked and there's no Walmart nearby.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
Just bought my Pro last weekend.
It is a great tablet for $129.99 (yes, they reduced the price on both the LTE and the PRO, but don't bother with the LTE). With the $15.00 maintenance plan it gets better. The Walmart I bought it from was packed with them, apparently people are still unaware of this powerful little machine.

Even better news is that XDA has steps to root it to get rid of the WalMart apps. I am no developer, that is why I followed post #2, which gives instructions for non-developers. The performance on this tablet is incredible. Better than Nexus, because aside its speed and specs, it has connections the Nexus lacks, including an uSD card slot.

The link for rooting it is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297246

To see one of the many reviews on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgsutdhiOY

If you're looking for a tablet and don't want to spend much, this is the way to go!
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
frank10
frank10 began at the beginning.

Device: psp-500
agreed, i have it and it's amazing. The quad core means everything works super fast
frank10 is offline   Reply With Quote