Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #361
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
My other pet peeve is night mode that is too dark and not enough contrast, like a dim gray on dimmer gray. Night mode shouldn't require night vision goggles to see. I end up using day mode and triple click to invert the screen. D'oh! Just let me pick the freaking colors, okay?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #362
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Upate on ShuBooks! Quite impressive. They've fixed the searching for a text string-- when you tap the found item, it goes right to the right place! Even Stanza 3.2 under iOS 5 can't do that!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #363
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you need to downgrade back to 3.1 here is what I did.

Here is some instructions for Windows users. I have not tested this as I did the revert on a Mac.

On a Mac you'll want to do a search for ".IPA" and should find the 3.1 version somewhere. You can also try downloading it from here if a search doesn't return anything.

After you have the file open iTunes and go to File > Add To Library . Navigate to the .IPA and hit ok. Then you'll have to sync the app to your device and you should be good to go.

Unfortunately I lost all my books/settings when downgrading but at least Stanza is working again ....

Last edited by MikeOxlittle; 11-25-2011 at 02:19 AM.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #364
Kattermole
Kattermole began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
IBooks group sort

Someone asked about sorting groups in iBooks. When the Collections window is open, there is an Edit button at the bottom of the list. This lets you move the groups around.
Kattermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #365
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Device: iPod Touch
What is the current "exact" status, so I can update the first post?
It seems Stanza broke down again... ?
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #366
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
What is the current "exact" status, so I can update the first post?
It seems Stanza broke down again... ?
Stanza 3.2 is working fine on iOS >= 5.0 but not on earlier versions.
Stanza 3.1 is working fine on iOS < 5.0 but not on later versions.

For iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS upwards, iPad and iPad2 there's no reason not to update to iOS >= 5.0 (other than superstition).
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #367
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Cheers, adding that to the first post.

For everyone, I'd highly recommend joining the Facebook group about reviving stanza: http://www.facebook.com/groups/230548790339245/
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #368
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Bleh, I have to say that the newly-updated Stanza just isn't as good as before. I don't know why but several of my books just don't work properly. One of my epubs, for instance, is shifted down so the top of Stanza is blank and about 3-4 lines are cut off and not readable.

The same epub is fine on Kobo app, so I guess I'm sticking to Kobo for that one.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #369
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've taken the plunge and downgraded to 4.1 again. I decided that there really isnt anything in 5 that I will miss on my 3GS. I've also jailbroken and added a few bits a pieces (MyWi and Intelliscreen which I had bought last year, and SBsettings) which actually add some of the functionality of iOS5, and in the case of SBSettings a bit more because it gets you quick access to turning various things on and off (like 3G, wifi, bluetooth etc). [edit] And last night finally found the proper solution for getting to 4.3.3... all good.

So I have reinstalled Stanza 3.1 and have full functionality with that. I can't see a good reason to upgrade again. iMessage might have been a good thing but using Whatsapp is actually better, and its cross platform. Enough rambling. I'm sticking with my 3GS and Stanza 3.1. If I could get an iphone 4 which had not been upgraded to 5 I would do that, but it doesnt seem possible, everyone has jumped on the bandwagon.

FWIW the phone itself is much faster and more stable. I think iOS5 is pushing it to its limit. I also got sick of needing to reboot every couple of days to get rid of the lag.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #370
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Bleh, I have to say that the newly-updated Stanza just isn't as good as before. I don't know why but several of my books just don't work properly. One of my epubs, for instance, is shifted down so the top of Stanza is blank and about 3-4 lines are cut off and not readable.

The same epub is fine on Kobo app, so I guess I'm sticking to Kobo for that one.
Did you try that book when you still had 3.1? This sounds like a bug I've encountered with 3.1.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #371
bbr

I suppose I'll stick with 4 the way some comments and so go,.

As the russians say: If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Same goes for many a patch in the software industry.

Tags
bluefire, ios, stanza