Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I'm interested in testing! I'm currently Kindle-less though after sending my K2 back and now waiting for my Graphite 3G.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #32
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolegate View Post
I've already worked out how the hash-like identifiers are encoded for both DRM and non-DRM files, so there's no problem there....
Would you care to share that info? Or PM me with it if you prefer? (Or is it already posted somewhere else here?) I'm not planning on a "competing product", I just wanted to mess around with a little PHP/web-based idea I had.

Thanks for your work on this.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@NogDog:

It's the SHA1 sum of the full filepath of the book. (ie. /mnt/us/documents/my_ebook.mobi).

AFAIR, it's been discussed before in the Kindle Dev & Calibre sections .

On the other hand, Amazon books use something based on their ASIN (which I guess stands for Amazon Serial Identification Number).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-18-2010 at 02:41 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #34
avezunchik
avezunchik began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301, Nokia N810
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolegate View Post
Can you mail me a copy of a working collections.json file so I can see the differences.

Thanks

Adrian
Sure. You'll get at the evening (eastern time).
avezunchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
ducks
ducks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and Kindle 2 and Kindle 3
I would love to help test - this will be a great application!
thanks
ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #36
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
May I pls get a copy as well... I PM ya too. Thanks
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #37
LarryP
LarryP began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi & G3
Just sent off an order for the new G3 Kindle. This looks like it would be helpful

Larry
LarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #38
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@NogDog:

It's the SHA1 sum of the full filepath of the book. (ie. /mnt/us/documents/my_ebook.mobi).

AFAIR, it's been discussed before in the Kindle Dev & Calibre sections .

On the other hand, Amazon books use something based on their ASIN (which I guess stands for Amazon Serial Identification Number).
As always, NiLuJe comes to my rescue. I'd tried sha1 (since it's 40 characters) on file name and name without suffix, but never thought to try the full path.

Thanks!
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #39
henrylwl
henrylwl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
May I get a copy from you? I just PM you too. TKS!
henrylwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #40
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Super. Would love to try this with my new K3 when it arrives.

Can you provide a link to download the program?
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #41
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I just got it; thanks! I was surprised to get 0.3, though, when this thread mentions 0.4, which has the .azw format I need. Most of my books are bought from the Amazon store, with some exceptions (mostly MobiPocket .prc files from this site).

I'll happily provide feedback when I have 0.4.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #42
Dahaun
Dahaun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Great app!
I have Kindle DXI. Most fo my books are pdfs and mobis.

Can you provide me a link to download the program?
Dahaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 AM   #43
wwaldo
wwaldo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I have a Kindle 2 and have ordered the kindle 3. Would like to test out your application as well, due to my large library. thanks.
wwaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #44
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
I just got it; thanks! I was surprised to get 0.3, though, when this thread mentions 0.4, which has the .azw format I need. Most of my books are bought from the Amazon store, with some exceptions (mostly MobiPocket .prc files from this site).

I'll happily provide feedback when I have 0.4.
Version 0.4 is still being developed and will be mailed to all registered beta testers as soon as it's finished. I anticipate this being sometime next week (week 35)
acolegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #45
rhodan2000
rhodan2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Hello,

I´m interested in testing too

I´ve tried other Solutions (Calibre Catalouge), but nothing seems to fit.

I have a Kindle DX (International Version).

If you need some informations or files regarding the Kindle DX, don´t hesitate to contact me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

rhodan2000 / Germany
rhodan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager