Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
K1 (v1.2): downloaded items (Whispernet) don't show up until a restart is performed

The last 2 purchases I've made I've specifically noticed this. I normally keep wireless off to prolong battery life. I usually browse the Amazon site on my PC and order and use the "Send to Kindle" option. So then, when I "wake" my Kindle, I turn on Whispernet and wait for it to show "bars" and then tell it to "sync" and download. Sometimes I see it pop up the little "wireless connecting" box and sometimes I don't. But, nothing will show up, so I'll tell it to sync a couple of times. Nothing "new" shows on my home page, so then I turn it off and back on and before the wireless even connects again, my new item/s shows. It's a bit annoying. Anything I should be doing different?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you sorting by age? I use my Kindle in the same way you describe and if I am sorting by author or title the new ebooks are not necessarily on the 1st page. If you are already sorting by most recent first, try switching to one of the other options and back again - although I think they should then show up automatically.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
It sounds like you're just not waiting long enough. When downloading new items it spins for a bit, then stops, then spins some more, then stops, the has to refresh again to actually insert them into your list for viewing. So maybe instead of impatiently hitting sync over and over again, just set the Kindle down and come back to it in a minute.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll admit that I am sometimes impatient...but, I only have 1 and 1/2 pages of books on my kindle right now, so it really shouldn't take too long to show up.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
texasnightowl
Guru

ok, apparently impatience was the issue. A while back while it was free, I "ordered" a version of the bible and didn't actually realize I hadn't downloaded it yet...so the reason my other downloads were slow was that it was trying to download the bible. Which I realized when I connected via USB and looked at the documents folder and saw a 5mb .tmp file which was only a little smaller than the size of the bible .azw file.
Advert