Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
An idea: Local Writer's Panels

Hey, I have an idea for you guys, and stop me if this is already being done in some capacity (if it is, give me the details so I can join in) but I'm thinking of beginning a group that takes existing published authors of various experience levels and brings them together in their local area (ie, 50 miles from home or less) for very casual author's panels conducted at local libraries, in schools, at coffee shops, etc.

At these panels 3-4 authors would discuss a topic of the evening, ie, world building, character building, proper narration, general publishing 101, etc. I say that because my old publisher used to do those monthly for a while before they eventually folded. As I remember correctly everyone in the community loved them, and more experienced authors got to share their knowledge with up and coming individuals looking to write and/or publish. A friend of mine even to this day still does a quarterly publishing panel on all the things you need to know from copyright to ISBN's and more.

Now yes, this is probably already being done, and I know they do these at conventions, but I'm thinking more of them being done more on the local community level. Is anyone up for something like this, or is this already being done by someone else, or another organization? I for one would love to do something like this if it's not already being done.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
jeremy young
jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeremy young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablet
Aren't these called writers groups?
jeremy young is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I sincerely hope not. I know that correct use of the apostrophe is a dying art, but writers should be the one group who know how to use them.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-06-2014 at 02:47 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote