Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #691
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Batch numbers? What/where are they?
Batch number is in your PW serial number, the last 3 digits of the second set - xxxx xZZZ xxxx xxxx
ZZZ is the batch number
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #692
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Does any one have PW that has no pixel issues? Even mine has two pinholes. I guess that's what you call them. Shiny green specks that can be seen at certain times.
Mine does not have any pixel issues, but it has color blotches that are increasing in intensity overtime, out of the other two I kept, only one has a large pinhole with bright light shining through.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #693
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Does any one have PW that has no pixel issues? Even mine has two pinholes. I guess that's what you call them. Shiny green specks that can be seen at certain times.
even the pw that i bought at staples has this issue. it took me a week to see it but once i saw it last night while reading, i can't unsee it. i've had a total of four paperwhites with this issue so it is definitely not isolated. i am keeping this pw though, i am more frustrated with this kindle than i have ever been with any ereader i've owned.
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #694
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Then - forgive me for asking, but why keep it? Why not return it and get a different reader? It seems strange to keep something that frustrates you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #695
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

because this would be my 5th time replacing it. why go through the hassle? what are the chances of actually getting something without flaws? maybe there are perfect paperwhites out there but i haven't seen any. as for a different reader with the front light, i think that the paperwhite is the best out of all of them. even with its flaws
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #696
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
My 501 is perfect as far as I can see. I've got more issues with the ebooks themselves then I have with the reader.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #697
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
i have no pixel issues on my paperwhite.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #698
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
because this would be my 5th time replacing it. why go through the hassle? what are the chances of actually getting something without flaws? maybe there are perfect paperwhites out there but i haven't seen any. as for a different reader with the front light, i think that the paperwhite is the best out of all of them. even with its flaws
No, you misunderstand me. I mean why stick with the PW, given that you're clearly unhappy with it. Wouldn't it be better for you to get a reader model that you're happy with? What did you use before you bought the PW?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #699
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, you misunderstand me. I mean why stick with the PW, given that you're clearly unhappy with it. Wouldn't it be better for you to get a reader model that you're happy with? What did you use before you bought the PW?
i didn't misunderstand you i answered you right here, 'as for a different reader with the front light, i think that the paperwhite is the best out of all of them. even with its flaws"

and i used the kindle touch previous to the paperwhite
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #700
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It seems to be the light, though, that you're unhappy with. Wouldn't the Touch be better? With its recent firmware update, the Touch is now just like a PW, but without the frustrating light.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #701
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

the light wouldn't be frustrating at all if amazon could get it right. the light is exactly what i need as i always read in dim lighted conditions. i am sure a second generation paperwhite will come out this year or next year and i have faith that they can get the problems with the white specks sorted out. i'm not hating on kindles, just the fact that amazon thinks these issues are okay. you must own a perfect pw as you can't understand why some of us would be bothered by these issues.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #702
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, my PW certainly isn't perfect, but perhaps the difference between us is that, understanding the way the light diffuser technology works, I didn't buy it with any expectation that it would be. I bought it expecting it to be better than a reading light, and that's exactly what it is, so I'm happy.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #703
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

i would be happy too, without the white specks. the light itself is pretty even. but you're telling me the way the light diffuser technology works is to project those white specks?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #704
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Well after my first full day of reading on my replacement paperwhite I can say I am very happy. The lighting is good the page is very white and I am not noticing any obvious blotches while reading, unlike on my first one. As for the pinhole, I don't even notice it exists unless I go looking for it, it's not spoiling my reading at all. I am very happy. It's so nice to be able to read all day and not be grabbing clip on lights or using lighted covers. They were great at the time but this is just lovely, as close to reading a paperback as I've had on an ereader with the added plus of the extra boost of light when it's darker, I love it.
I really do hope you all end up with kindles your happy with, while not perfect, it's a great bit of kit
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #705
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I don't have any white specks on mine that are visible at the light level I use (normally level 10), although I can see some if I turn the light up very bright.