Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
mwaterbu
mwaterbu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
No Links in TOC

Hello, I am trying to convert some HTML files into MOBI files for my Kindle. I have set up structure detection so that Calibre recognizes each h2 tag as a new chapter. I have many of these HTML files, some of which have around 50 chapters, some have a few thousand chapters. The TOC shows up fine in the output file, but none of the links are working.
In the Calibre reader, when I try to click one of the links nothing happens. On my Kindle when I try to use one of the links, my Kindle locks up.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
mwaterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool No Links in TOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaterbu View Post
Hello, I am trying to convert some HTML files into MOBI files for my Kindle. I have set up structure detection so that Calibre recognizes each h2 tag as a new chapter. I have many of these HTML files, some of which have around 50 chapters, some have a few thousand chapters. The TOC shows up fine in the output file, but none of the links are working.
In the Calibre reader, when I try to click one of the links nothing happens. On my Kindle when I try to use one of the links, my Kindle locks up.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
IIRC, the Calibre default is 50, try setting the default higher (I've no idea what the limit might be).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
mwaterbu
mwaterbu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
IIRC, the Calibre default is 50, try setting the default higher (I've no idea what the limit might be).
I have done this, with no luck. I have also tried changing the chapter threshold value. Not sure what is going on. I have attached one of these HTML source files in case anyone would be able to use that to figure out the problem.

EDIT: This problem was due to an error in the html code. It was written poorly. I added some <p> tags, and it works perfect now. Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip T. S. Eliot.zip (54.9 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by mwaterbu; 01-04-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
mwaterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
hollowayhouse
hollowayhouse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am having this same problem. I tried upping the Number of Links to Add to TOC to 150, but still no go.

My TOCs are typical h1, h2.
My XPath code is: //*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']

Client deadline tomorrow.
HELP.
hollowayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote