Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
mflood
Enthusiast
mflood began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Angle bracket conversion?

I have a book in .lit format in which a character's speech is enclosed within angle brackets. <Greetings mobileread forum dwellers> etc. When I use lit2lrf to convert this book, that speech completely disappears. For longer messages (several sentences at least enclosed within the brackets) a few words at the end are sometimes displayed, but for the most part, everything in the brackets is lost / not converted. I'm assuming this is because lit2lrf uses some sort of html converter, and the angle brackets are viewed as tags, and mess up the parsing.

Is there any way around this? Thanks in advance.
mflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The easiest way I know of is to take it in two (2) stages. First, convert the LIT to HTML using clit. Then edit the HTML. After edit you can use either the program from libprs500 or BookDesigner to create the LRF.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a bug it will be fixed in the next release of libprs500
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
mflood
Enthusiast
mflood began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks to you both. I'll fix the book I'm currently reading by hand, and look forward to the new release. I appreciate the help.
mflood is offline   Reply With Quote