Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #151
will25u
will25u began at the beginning.

Device: kinde fire
I bought this vipertek case from amazon and its really good fit and great quality with real leather. The stitching is perfect and overall its a great at this price. I highly recommend it.

Btw there is a pink version for 5.00 plus shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-Premi...4146780&sr=8-1
will25u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #152
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
If you go with a sleeve there are some options you may not be aware of. I don't think I saw these in this thread. You might want to look into a protective skin from Decal Girl (http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...dle-Fire-Skins) or GelaSkins (http://www.gelaskins.com/store/table...n/Most_Popular). You can apply the back and the front or the back only, the choice is yours. I think with the Fire the back only option would look best. I have Decal Girl skins on a couple of my other tablets with the Matte finish and they not only eliminate fingerprints, but provide excellent protection as well. I didn't go for anything flashy (I went with black) and it blends right in with the tablet. They do take a little patience to install, but if you take your time they turn out real nice and provide excellent protection. I think they are well worth the price and effort.
I put a DecalGirl skin on my Fire (Doodles Color). I have used them on other products too. I prefer the matte option rather than glossy too. I was worried that a patterned skin would be too distracting but for me I really needed a picture frame effect to help eliminate the glare of the black bezel around the screen. A solid black matte option would be nice for most people. Besides, the combination of the floral skin and pink case guarantees no one else in my house is going to want to use my reader. Now if only Amazon would let us use our own screensavers and have a better home screen with wallpapers. I like customization.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #153
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
My DodoCase for Fire came in today, it's got all the wow factor I had read about to it. I'm very happy with it, won't be looking beyond this at cases anymore. Here are some pics for anyone interested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7203560...7628406876791/
I have a cheap case right now that is slowly warping as I hold onto the KF in various reading and watching positions. I love the look of the dodocase. Of course, the Oberton (the custom leather ones - did I spell that right?) cases look awesome.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #154
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
I have a cheap case right now that is slowly warping as I hold onto the KF in various reading and watching positions. I love the look of the dodocase. Of course, the Oberton (the custom leather ones - did I spell that right?) cases look awesome.

Hugs,
Ratkity
yeah stylistically, the dodocase is second to none, I am so unbelievably happy I stumbled on to this company. I began following them on twitter and facebook and they just come off as such a great small group of people that are dedicated to the end product. It's a local company in San Francisco that specializes in book binding and they've brought that into their cases. It makes my end user experience that much better to know it's a smallish local operation as opposed to a huge corporate, mass production sort of thing. The case is pretty much made from scratch by hand from morrocan leather and bamboo. They been burning the midnight oil past few weekends just to keep up with orders for the holidays. It sounds like the kindle case has become a hit for them which bodes well for all of us kindle users.

Now functionally, there are better cases out there but for me, the style of the case was so overwhelmingly positive that I could easily look past some of its functional short comings. That said, it's no slouch physically either but i'd be lying if I didn't admit that it wasn't the most functional out there. I've since gone on to add a monagrammed ipad2 case that's lights out and they make these things called bookbacks for ipad2 and iphone 4that i added both of. those are morroccan leather stickers that stick to the back of those devices that give the same leather look and feel of the dodcase.

In a unexpected turn, because of the curvature of the bamboo case they added around the speaker slots, it actually makes it louder too. Kinda like a sound chamber of sorts.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #155
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My Cheap CrazyonDigital case is falling apart already. I have to find something better.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #156
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
yeah stylistically, the dodocase is second to none, I am so unbelievably happy I stumbled on to this company. I began following them on twitter and facebook and they just come off as such a great small group of people that are dedicated to the end product. It's a local company in San Francisco that specializes in book binding and they've brought that into their cases. It makes my end user experience that much better to know it's a smallish local operation as opposed to a huge corporate, mass production sort of thing. The case is pretty much made from scratch by hand from morrocan leather and bamboo. They been burning the midnight oil past few weekends just to keep up with orders for the holidays. It sounds like the kindle case has become a hit for them which bodes well for all of us kindle users.

Now functionally, there are better cases out there but for me, the style of the case was so overwhelmingly positive that I could easily look past some of its functional short comings. That said, it's no slouch physically either but i'd be lying if I didn't admit that it wasn't the most functional out there. I've since gone on to add a monagrammed ipad2 case that's lights out and they make these things called bookbacks for ipad2 and iphone 4that i added both of. those are morroccan leather stickers that stick to the back of those devices that give the same leather look and feel of the dodcase.

In a unexpected turn, because of the curvature of the bamboo case they added around the speaker slots, it actually makes it louder too. Kinda like a sound chamber of sorts.

Even before reading your post, I ordered a dodocase. I also like supporting small businesses! I know it's pricey, but I have this problem... "hello, my name is Ratkity and I am a case snob".

Thanks for a great post that supported my splurge!

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #157
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
Even before reading your post, I ordered a dodocase. I also like supporting small businesses! I know it's pricey, but I have this problem... "hello, my name is Ratkity and I am a case snob".

Thanks for a great post that supported my splurge!

Hugs,
Ratkity
I also am a case snob, I guess. After seeing the post I also ordered a dodocase, even though I really don't need another case. Thanks for the tip, though, they look fantastic.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #158
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My Cheap CrazyonDigital case is falling apart already. I have to find something better.
Wow. That didn't last long did it. Have you checked out the Marware Ecovue one.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #159
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Wow. That didn't last long did it. Have you checked out the Marware Ecovue one.

Carol
I'd love one but can't afford it at the moment.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #160
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd love one but can't afford it at the moment.
Ya me too. I have a Belkin one and I like it cause it's thin but my hand bothers me sometimes holding the Fire. I have Carpal Tunnel. And I thought the handle on the back would be nice.

Carol
Old 12-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #161
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ya me too. I have a Belkin one and I like it cause it's thin but my hand bothers me sometimes holding the Fire. I have Carpal Tunnel. And I thought the handle on the back would be nice.

Carol
I use a throw pillow to anchor the bottom while holding it with my palm when reading for long periods of time. Works great.

The hand holder on the Marware cases is great! My K4 has one and I love it.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #162
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I use a throw pillow to anchor the bottom while holding it with my palm when reading for long periods of time. Works great.

The hand holder on the Marware cases is great! My K4 has one and I love it.
Good idea about the throw pillow. Will have to try it. Thanks.

Is the hand holder on the Marware a loose fit or is it tight enough so the unit doesn't slide down.

Carol
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #163
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Good idea about the throw pillow. Will have to try it. Thanks.

Is the hand holder on the Marware a loose fit or is it tight enough so the unit doesn't slide down.

Carol
Tight fit for my little hands.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #164
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Tight fit for my little hands.
What color Marware cover did you end up getting.

BTW: I'm trying your throw pillow trick. Pretty good.

Carol
Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #165
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What color Marware cover did you end up getting.

BTW: I'm trying your throw pillow trick. Pretty good.

Carol
On my K4 it was black as I got it for 50% off with a special offer.
I'm one who tends not to like colors when it comes to my devices. Classic black for me!