Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #136
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Windows XP ok. I suspect this is just a warmed over copy of Mobipocket for the PC. It will have upgraded DRM for Amazon books, TPZ support and likely disabled for mobipocket DRM (stupid by the way). This is a pretty good reader with the ability to manage your library which is sorely needed for the Kindle. It can also convert several other formats like PDF and ePUB.

Dale
So if just Mobipocket - which works on stuff other than the listed versions, why would they limit it? More controls? Or it might work anyway, they just don't bother listing not as much used systems?
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #137
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
So if just Mobipocket - which works on stuff other than the listed versions, why would they limit it? More controls? Or it might work anyway, they just don't bother listing not as much used systems?
I suspect the latter.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #138
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like you were right - I thought I'd try it and it installed - took quite a few tries to get an account to register with some crashes. Also 'buying' a freebie book took a while to come through, too.

Of course, they could be overloaded with people trying it out, too.

Application itself nowhere near as cool as mobipocket desktop reader yet.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #139
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've installed in five seconds, with no problems to register. I don't know the application, I haven't read anything.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #140
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

On Windows 2000, Terisa? - that is what we were talking about.
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #141
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No, you've reason but I'm happy you've been able to do it. So I can do it at home later
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #142
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
downloaded it, installed it. Crashed while downloading a free book. But I restarted the app and the book was there. Looks quite good. Now what we really need is how to get the Kindle ID.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #143
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
downloaded it, installed it. Crashed while downloading a free book. But I restarted the app and the book was there. Looks quite good. Now what we really need is how to get the Kindle ID.
Ummm... It didn't ask me for a Kindle ID for my 'puter. It just installed and told me I had nine Kindle ebooks that I'd already purchased in my Archives and let me transfer them to Home. Once in Home, (Under Windows Vista Home Premium, Core2Quad system) it opened both the .azw and the .tpz (I think they're called .azw1 now) ebooks without any problem and - unlike on my iPod Touch - the .tpz ebooks opened and paged through quite rapidly!

I'd rather be able to read my .tpz ebooks on my iPod or even my Cybook Gen3, but I can live with the PC for those few I purchase. The .azw ebooks I can read on my iPod until my Kindle 2 gets here from repair.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #144
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I'd rather be able to read my .tpz ebooks on my iPod
You can already read the Topaz books using the Kindle for iPhone/Touch app - or am I completely missing something?

Tracey

nevermind, I misread your post to say that you couldn't read the books on the iPod. I'll go back to my corner, now.

Last edited by tlrowley; 11-10-2009 at 11:46 AM.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #145
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
You can already read the Topaz books using the Kindle for iPhone/Touch app - or am I completely missing something?

Tracey

nevermind, I misread your post to say that you couldn't read the books on the iPod. I'll go back to my corner, now.
Well, actually you *can* read the .tpz versions on your iPod, just that the average page turn rate on a 1st Gen (jailbroken to the latest firmware) 8GB Touch is about *FOUR* times slower than that of any mobi/prc ebook on the Cybook Gen3. Note this is not a problem with the simpler .azw (disguised mobi/prc) ebook format.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #146
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I had to read one Topaz book on the iphone, since Amazon had the cheapest prices, I was eager to get it and unfortunately didn't check first. Not exactly a pleasant experience, but I didn't experience slow page turns --- except when graphics were involved (which was at the beginning of each chapter).
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote