Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #1021
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
and it of course makes me wonder at the quality of the result.

as they say Corinthian leather takes time. They do say that don't they?
She seems to be doing pretty well for herself LOL
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #1022
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
She seems to be doing pretty well for herself LOL
I agree, and I enjoy her work, it just makes me wonder if she's not a the point that many authors/artists/musicians hit as their popularity increases which results in a 'poorer quality' work.

BTW one of the best Short Stories I've read in the last few years was this one, a collaboration by Bear with Sarah Monette called Mongoose:
http://books.google.com/books?id=nHA...onette&f=false

Last edited by kennyc; 02-12-2013 at 08:31 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #1023
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ohhh good point.

Hopefully everything is just hitting all at once for the time being and will settle down.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #1024
jhempel24
Wizard

My review of NightWhere, an Erotic Horror novel by Bram Stoker Award-winner and Mobileread Member, John Everson....next Tuesday we sit down with him for the Tuesday Ten! It's an interview you won't want to miss!!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/nightwhere-john-everson/
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #1025
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Announced my new release and revealed the final cover. Little hiccup in the publishing process. This is the first time Kobo got to market with my book before Amazon.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #1026
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
A book review or "Brynn the Exorcist". It's a Christian Horror story, normally outside of my genre, but I really enjoyed it.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...-exorcist.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #1027
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
Announced my new release and revealed the final cover. Little hiccup in the publishing process. This is the first time Kobo got to market with my book before Amazon.
Wow...that probably doesn't happen often to anyone. Good luck with your book!!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #1028
jhempel24
Wizard

You can now see where your book is on my to do list! It doesn't include childrens novels or flash friday stories. It's a rough outline so you don't have to wonder if I'll ever get it done!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/for-authors/719-2/
Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #1029
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Are your books on audio?

I've just recently had my books recorded as audio books and I asked one of my Voice Over Artists to write a guest blog post about what she does. The result is now up on my personal blog:

http://www.donnafasano.blogspot.com/...-jennings.html

And, as always, Awesome Romance Novels continues to offer romance authors cheap promo:

http://awesomeromancenovels.blogspot.com
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #1030
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaFaz View Post
I've just recently had my books recorded as audio books and I asked one of my Voice Over Artists to write a guest blog post about what she does. The result is now up on my personal blog:

http://www.donnafasano.blogspot.com/...-jennings.html

And, as always, Awesome Romance Novels continues to offer romance authors cheap promo:

http://awesomeromancenovels.blogspot.com
as someone who used to do some voice acting...spot on. it's a tough business, and those that pay attention to the little details rise to the top.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1031
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A quick look at "14"

A brief and mostly spoiler free look at the cool and Stoker-nominated novel 14 by Peter Clines.

http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2...er-clines.html
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #1032
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyW View Post
A brief and mostly spoiler free look at the cool and Stoker-nominated novel 14 by Peter Clines.

http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2...er-clines.html
awesome...I've been eyeing this one.

And for Flash Friday I kind of tore apart Happy Valentines Slay....so much the editor felt the need to comment which sparked another topic here:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...-cameron-jace/
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #1033
jhempel24
Wizard

I really hate giving bad reviews. I feel almost obligated to give a good one if someone gives me their work. But to be true to myself I didn't just give a good review for that sake.

It's a horror novel that had some good ideas, but fell short in execution. Mainly because of such weak characters.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/charl...der-beresford/
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #1034
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I really hate giving bad reviews. I feel almost obligated to give a good one if someone gives me their work. But to be true to myself I didn't just give a good review for that sake.

It's a horror novel that had some good ideas, but fell short in execution. Mainly because of such weak characters.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/charl...der-beresford/
I can't remember where that book came up for me - a request, or a freebie, or something, but I didn't opt in. It only took the first line of the blurb to make my decision:

Quote:
How Does a Hot, Sexy Mother Who Hates Her Daughter Put Her Ultimate Plan Into Action?
It's not just the "Hot" and the "Sexy", or even the "Ultimate" in that sentence, it's also the fact that for some reason the whole thing is in title case.

I didn't go any further after that. I know it's a bit harsh, but I've got this thing about the first sentence I see. If it's a disaster, I take it as an ill omen.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #1035
jhempel24
Wizard

yeah the hot sexy mother thing doesn't make sense. It doesn't even play a factor really. It was an ok freshmen effort. but he needs to work on characterization for his next one

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing