Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Nexus 7 advice

I'm new to Android and have only just purchased my Nexus 7 (32GB). Is it possible to use Calibre to produce a library on the Nexus - preferably one where it shows the book covers and preferably a little info on the book. It would be nice if there was a search function to - to find whatever book I'm after. My books are all side loaded and are various formats.

Mike
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
I'm new to Android and have only just purchased my Nexus 7 (32GB). Is it possible to use Calibre to produce a library on the Nexus - preferably one where it shows the book covers and preferably a little info on the book. It would be nice if there was a search function to - to find whatever book I'm after. My books are all side loaded and are various formats.

Mike
Calibre can send BOOKS to the Nexus (Hint: Calibre companion APP deserves a look )
Calibre does NOT run on Android.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm moderately familiar with Calibre (currently using XP and kindle) but wondered whether I can use it to generate a "book shelf" with front covers of books I'm reading and hopefully a little info on each book. On my kindle I certainly couldn't do this but the tablet is a little more flexible. Is it possible? Which reader do you recommend?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
I'm moderately familiar with Calibre (currently using XP and kindle) but wondered whether I can use it to generate a "book shelf" with front covers of books I'm reading and hopefully a little info on each book. On my kindle I certainly couldn't do this but the tablet is a little more flexible. Is it possible? Which reader do you recommend?
I would suggest you give Mantano reader a try, it reads the Calibre tags and shows info about the books. There is a free, ad-supported version, and an ad-free, paid one. Give the free one a try.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

I paid for the google app and it connects to calibre fine. Problem is I still don't see any fancy bookshelf full of book covers. Tried Mantano and Moon reader. Is there something extra I need to do?

Can anyreader provide the bookshelf and be able to read mobi/epub/txt/pdf/htm?

If they only cope with epub then can Calibre understand I need to convert before transfering to my nexus 7?
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I paid for the google app and it connects to calibre fine. Problem is I still don't see any fancy bookshelf full of book covers. Tried Mantano and Moon reader. Is there something extra I need to do?
Calibre Companion android app will show books as seen in the attached images. I prefer to open books in Moonreader+ via Calibre Companion. But if you must see a book shelf just import the books into Moonreader (IMHO a waste of space and time) and you will see shelves like the second 2 images attached.

Quote:
Can anyreader provide the bookshelf and be able to read mobi/epub/txt/pdf/htm?
Moonreader+ handles all the formats you mentioned and more.

Quote:
If they only cope with epub then can Calibre understand I need to convert before transfering to my nexus 7?
I you want this is doable within calibre but it is always better to convert before you try to transfer any books. This way you can review the outcome and verify it is to your liking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.18.00.png
Views:	232
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	95491   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.15.14.png
Views:	241
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	95492   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-17 23.26.18.png
Views:	228