Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
KINDLE 3 HELP FAST

My kindle 3 screen is broken. I cant see anything. Please help me reset to factory defaults from the Home page Tell me the directions to go to the Settings and Reset factory Defaults. Please I AM LOST WITHOUT MY KINDLE.
joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualintag View Post
My kindle 3 screen is broken. I cant see anything. Please help me reset to factory defaults from the Home page Tell me the directions to go to the Settings and Reset factory Defaults. Please I AM LOST WITHOUT MY KINDLE.
When your Kindle is on, do you see a disjointed screen? So you see lines and text that looks like modern art? If so, the screen is broken.

Are you sure the battery has power left to run the Kindle?

If the battery is fine and it's not working, give Kindle CS a call and ask for help.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
im On philippines. I cant do that. Just tell me directions to go to the reset to factory defaults like this:

1. Press Home screen
2. press menu and go down 3 steps and ok
3.Press menu------------------------SOMEthiNG LIKE THAT
joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have a look at the following link. I hope it helps.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7655306_reset-kindle-3g.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #5
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
slide and hold the power button for 15 seconds till the kindle reboots, if the screen is still messed up after that, well, it's probably toast..
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualintag View Post
If you can not see anything and the screen is broken how do you plan to use the menu to restart?
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Ixt
Ixt began at the beginning.

Device: K3
He's asking for the instructions --->
  1. Press Home
  2. Press Menu
  3. Press 5 times down
  4. then the middle button
  5. press menu again
  6. press 2 times down
  7. then the middle button

But yeah, he could just restart it by sliding the power on button.
Ixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
tbruin3235
tbruin3235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixt View Post
He's asking for the instructions --->
  1. Press Home
  2. Press Menu
  3. Press 5 times down
  4. then the middle button
  5. press menu again
  6. press 2 times down <- press 3 down if you want to reset to factory
  7. then the middle button

But yeah, he could just restart it by sliding the power on button.
The insructions above would restart the kindle.

If you really want to do a factory reset (warning--all books will be lost), follow the same instructions as above, but go 3 times down instead of 2 before the last middle button push (I edited the quoted instructions).
tbruin3235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If the screen is physically broken, restarting it isn't going to help. A picture would be useful to make the diagnosis.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Make sure it's charged.

I experienced something similar a few weeks ago when my wall charger died. It had enough power to light up the amber light, but not enough to charge the battery. I connected my Kindle to my computer and in a couple of hours it came back to life.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool it's not that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
If the screen is physically broken, restarting it isn't going to help. A picture would be useful to make the diagnosis.
i'm pretty sure he's not trying to fix it, he want's to reset to factory specs so as to get rid of mods & stuff and possibly private files before sending it back to amazon.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
dmcounts
Enthusiast
dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K2, K3-3G/WIFI
Amazon didn't mind the mods I had on my Wife's K2 when we returned it because the kindle cover broke it.

I asked them if it would be a problem and they said no that the jailbreak did not cause the damage.

don
dmcounts is offline   Reply With Quote