Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 06:57 AM   #1
Axius27
Axius27 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Importing HTML files causing unwanted merging and duplication of books

I have an archive of about 700+ webpages that I want to turn into epub format. However, when I import these pages, I've noticed that the .zip file that Calibre creates contains more than 1 .html file.

To give an example, I have several files in the same directory that I import all together. I'm finding that the .zip file for WebpageA.html cotains the files 'WebpageA.html, WebpageB.html, WebpageC.html, WebpageD.html, WebpageE.html' and so on. I'm sure this is conveniant for merging various files, but unfortunetely, the contents of the .zip file for WebpageB.html are 'WebpageB.html, WebpageC.html, WebpageD.html, WebpageE.html, WebpageF.html'. My Library, as a result, is full of hidden duplicates and merged files that should not be together.

Clearly, I've done something wrong in my ignorance. I'd like to know a way to either undo this merging, or stop it from happening altogether.

If it helps any, I've found through experimentation that only webpages with somewhat similar file names are being grouped and duplicated, and that this grouping does not go higher than 7 .html files.
Axius27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 07:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
importing html files imports all linked files as well. If you dont want that behavior disable the html2zip plugin in preferences->plugins
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2024, 08:06 AM   #3
Axius27
Axius27 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Calibre is now importing the HTML files directly. Problem resolved. Thank you.
Axius27 is offline   Reply With Quote