Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2024, 01:07 AM   #1
essayhead
essayhead began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Error with QuickPreferences Plugin

Hi all!

I realize that there's a decent change I'm running into this issue because I'm operating on an older machine running Calibre 3.48 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, but I'm trying to fix a problem that I'm receiving from the extremely handy Quick Preferences plugin. I believe this error started when I updated the plugin to 1.7, but I've been living with it until now when I tried to add and/or change some of the formulas I had. The long and short of it is, every time I try to Customize the plugin (either directly through the plugin or through the Preferences panel), I receive the following error message:

Attribute Error:type object 'ItemFlag' has no attribute 'ItemisUserTristate'

A copy of the full log is below:

calibre, version 3.48.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'ItemFlag' has no attribute 'ItemIsUserTristate'

calibre 3.48 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Fri Oct 30 13:34:27 PDT 2020; root:xnu-4570.71.82.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Quick Preferences (1, 7, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.action", line 186, in show_configuration
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 156, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.__init__", line 58, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 476, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 129, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 149, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 164, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.common_widgets" , line 57, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'ItemFlag' has no attribute 'ItemIsUserTristate'

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin via the standard Calibre plugin window. When that didn't work, I tried downloading the .zip fie from GitHub and importing it in. Then I tried deleting the plugin within the Calibre configuration directory, and the customize.py script as well. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre all together.... still nothing, and I have to re-install and update all my old plugins and settings now haha. Before I get fully into fixing all of that back up again, I figured I'd check in here and see if anyone had any suggestions or tips on what to do next. Thank you!!
essayhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 01:40 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Hi, I have a portable instance of 3.48 I use only occasionally on win10, and just noticed it was giving the same error message with that plugin version (1.7). As I have some old backups of Calibre Config folder, I've tried installing version 1.6.1, and it gave a different message, but still errored.

So I'm attaching a backup of Quick Prefs 1.5, it seems to work fine - at least I was able to open the Customise dialog!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quick Preferences 1.5.zip (41.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Comfy.n; 02-14-2024 at 01:48 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2024, 01:16 PM   #3
essayhead
essayhead began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you, that worked perfectly!
essayhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:26 PM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by essayhead View Post
Thank you, that worked perfectly!
glad it helped
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote