Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2024, 03:44 PM   #1
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Hide "update found"

I've searched for this topic before posting this and only found a mention from 2012, in which Kovid said it is not possible.

Has this changed?

Is there any way you can hide the 'Update found: X.X.X' that is permanently shown at the bottom of Calibre's window?

I cannot update anyway, so I would like to hide it.
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousKnave View Post
I've searched for this topic before posting this and only found a mention from 2012, in which Kovid said it is not possible.

Has this changed?

Is there any way you can hide the 'Update found: X.X.X' that is permanently shown at the bottom of Calibre's window?

Nope. AFAIK that message does consider your OS (with some limits) .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2024, 05:18 PM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousKnave View Post

Has this changed?

Try unchecking this option in Preferences/Behavior
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	67
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	206015  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 07:20 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Try unchecking this option in Preferences/Behavior
That only prevents the popup. The notification will permanently be in the statusbar.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:10 PM   #5
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That only prevents the popup. The notification will permanently be in the statusbar.
I didn't know it worked that way, I always keep my Calibre updated.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2024, 01:44 AM   #6
vision628
vision628 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
I've been looking around for a solution as well. Seems impossible.
vision628 is offline   Reply With Quote