Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
Omniscient1
Omniscient1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Edit Metadata dialog too big

Hi
I have noticed that when I go into Edit Metadata I can no longer see [OK] etc at the bottom of the screen The dialog is too big for my screen - so I ave to tab round to it and [OK] blindly.
I have tried to up the screen resolution on my laptop but this makes no difference.
I don't know when this happened as I haven't edited any metadata in a while - but I can't see a solution?
I'm on Windows 10. I have been using Calibre for years and this is the first problem I've seen.
Omniscient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can't you just resize and move the window? It can be awkward with a touchpad; so, use mouse?

Is this an installed version of calibre or a portable version, I ask because I had a similar problem with portable a few weeks ago, but installed was okay. It was solved by me decommissioning the computer, hence didn't report it

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
Omniscient1
Omniscient1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Holy smoke - how embarrrasing. That's counter intuitive but of course it worked. I grabbed a frame and made the dialog smaller so the [OK] buttons etc cam into view !

Many thanks and apologies.
Omniscient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 05:47 AM   #4
Grumpa
Granpa Ed
Grumpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Huawei tablet
Wow!

Wow! Learned something new about windows. Thought I could only resize windows that had resize icons. Window size does remain the same after Calibre restart. Will check if it works after reboot. Thanks!
Grumpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edit metadata, user experience