Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Osnova Direct Verse Jump Bible do NOT index on the Kindle Fire.

I use the Osnova Direct Verse Jump KJV and NET on my 3rd Generation Kindle Kbd WiFi and they get to verses almost instantaneously there. The same happens with the Crossway ESV. Those three Bibles have indexed themselves on the 3rd Gen Kindle.

However, on the Kindle Fire those Bibles have NOT indexed themselves and getting to verses takes a very long time.

Does anyone know of any Bibles in the Amazon Kindle Store made specifically for the Kindle Fire which have rapid access to specific verses?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
So it's not a miracle?
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I switched to Tecarta NIV and KJV in the Amazon App store and they worked perfectly. It looks like the Fire and 3rd Gen will have different Bibles.

That's the breaks.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
Thanks for the advise. I had had the same problem and just downloaded Tecarta.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
sirmaru,

Amazon is adding bells and whistles and removing important functionality with each new Kindle device. See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157528
http://osnova.com/2011/11/22/kindlefir/
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My hubby uses this app. It's really nice and has audio on some versions.
You can find it here to try it and see if it works on the Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My hubby uses this app. It's really nice and has audio on some versions.
You can find it here to try it and see if it works on the Fire.
That (YouVersion) is THE Bible software for mobile devices. make sure to take the time to create a free account. Bookmarks and personal notes get synced. And when I'm my at desk, I can use my notebook's browser and pick up where I left off by visiting their website for the online version.

P.S. make sure to download your favorite translations for offline access when no wifi is available.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard

YouVision versus Tecarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
That (YouVersion) is THE Bible software for mobile devices. make sure to take the time to create a free account. Bookmarks and personal notes get synced. And when I'm my at desk, I can use my notebook's browser and pick up where I left off by visiting their website for the online version.

P.S. make sure to download your favorite translations for offline access when no wifi is available.
I tried YouVersion on my Kindle Fire and could NOT get it to work properly. I then uninstalled it.

I am very satisfied with Tecarta. It has features we could only dream about: automatic scrolling to follow others in Bible Studies; parallel display of two Bibles and /or references in Landscape Mode; easy entry of Margin and General Notes; an option to enlarge the fonts; rapid navigation to books, chapters and verses; FREE use of all its Bibles and other Resources via WiFi and only being charged if one downloads them to the device; and the ability to have the App read out loud individual verses or entire chapters.

They also plan on upgrading their website to access Bibles there and enter one's notes there. That has not yet happened.

So far as I am concerned for my 3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard nothing works as fast as the Osnova Bibles. However, the Fire seems to have disabled the Direct Verse Jump there.

For PC's nothing beats the Logos Bibles and Resources. They are still in beta test mode trying to deliver something for the Kindle Fire.

Thus, at present I use Logos for my PC Bible use, Osnova for my 3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard and Tecarta Bibles and resources for my Kindle Fire.

To allow access to our own footnotes in Logos, one can export the footnotes to Word. Clean them up and then upload it to the special Document email address (different for 3rd Gen Kindle Kbd and the Kindle Fire) and use them as a separate book in those devices perfectly formatted for them.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.