Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-03-2024, 07:25 PM   #1
nano5
Connoisseur
nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Foreign Policy recipe fail

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 88, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 41, in <module>
File "site.py", line 37, in main
File "calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 215, in main
File "calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_recipe
File "calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1108, in run
File "calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 242, in __call__
File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/recipe_input.py", line 139, in convert
File "calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 1073, in download
File "calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 1252, in build_index
File "<string>", line 42, in parse_index
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
nano5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 12:53 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
https://github.com/unkn0w7n/calibre/...620ef2ccc34219
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:18 AM   #3
nano5
Connoisseur
nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

I download the new issue 2024-Winter, the first 3 sections "Events", "FP Live" and "Podcasts" seems irrelevant and contains no article anyway, also there're podcast-icons embedded at the beginning of every article that probably irrelevant too.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:53 AM   #4
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

https://github.com/unkn0w7n/calibre/...8be1b58d708d7b
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:32 AM   #5
nano5
Connoisseur

Brillant!
Old 01-27-2024, 03:37 PM   #6
davidsmartin
davidsmartin began at the beginning.

After updating to version 7.4 and adding the newly updated Foreign Policy to my scheduled downloads, my PC crashes every time I choose to download all scheduled news sources. I reverted to version 7.3 and it still crashed until I deleted Foreign Policy from my schedule.

Sorry, I don't understand recipes well enough to figure out what you changed in the previous comments.
davidsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 09:10 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmartin View Post
After updating to version 7.4 and adding the newly updated Foreign Policy to my scheduled downloads, my PC crashes every time I choose to download all scheduled news sources. I reverted to version 7.3 and it still crashed until I deleted Foreign Policy from my schedule.

Sorry, I don't understand recipes well enough to figure out what you changed in the previous comments.
If your PC is crashing it will be because of an antivirus or firewall or similar security program. Reboot in safe mode with networking and run the recipe and you wont crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote