Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
maestroc
maestroc began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Turning a set of images into an ebook

I have a set of 39 images in jpg format that I would like to turn into an ebook. Can I do this with Sigil and what would the process be to set it up?

Does the image format matter? Should I use jpg, png, eps, etc? All of those are available to me. Even PDF if need be.
maestroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
If the "eps" is available, I assume these are some sort of vector art you created? Your best bet would be most likely a PNG export with no transparency (an Indexed image with <256 colors if that is suitable for the image).

What is the purpose of the ebook?
Is there going to be text?
Is it just going to be 39 images plopped in the EPUB? Is this a comic or something?
Have any samples you could post?

Really need more information on what exactly you are trying to do, before anyone can help you.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
2 (basic) steps for images
Add existing files (you can select 1 or more image files at a time)
Place the image (the black screen icon) on a page (section file)

The hard part:
make it pretty by setting margins and alignment
Add text and the typical book boilerplate
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can also try to convert the eps to svg.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestroc View Post
I have a set of 39 images in jpg format that I would like to turn into an ebook.
Does it have to be an ePub?

You could make sure the images have names in alphabetical order, zip them, and rename the file.zip to file.cbz, that will be viewable with any standard comic book reader.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote